TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Morrell
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
(07-04-2023, 04:22 PM)essentialmix75 Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-04-2023, 04:20 PM)dsmg Wrote: [ -> ]Briefcase, I thought we were playing pretty well until the red. They didn't get a look in for the first 25 mins, we scored a great goal and that was against a team who've been playing really well for the last few weeks. The red changed everything. We effectively played 62 minutes including time added on with 10 men. If Dale had known how to lead a couple of our counterattacks, one of them 3 on 1, then we could well have won it. Pretty good effort with people coming back from injury IMO.

It was the best 25 mins from us for a long time..... As soon as we lost the ball, within 5sec we won it back.

Very unfair to lay into Morrell. Even the guy he supposedly assaulted didn't even roll about. The officials couldn't wait to be the news (again). I'd have var back in l1 for one season to show just how poor the standard is.

As 11, the first 25 mins were just like the way we played when we were top. We had proper midfielders who actually move around, create chances. Now thanks to that linesman with super vision its back to slow-mo krappikliffe and his 30 second per pass thinking time.
I would guess if the ref had blown the whistle for the awful foul on Morrell he probably wouldn’t have retaliated.
(07-04-2023, 06:19 PM)Pompeyg100 Wrote: [ -> ]I would guess if the ref had blown the whistle for the awful foul on Morrell he probably wouldn’t have retaliated.

He did.
I couldn't see any other reason why we got a freekick otherwise.
(07-04-2023, 06:28 PM)essentialmix75 Wrote: [ -> ]I couldn't see any other reason why we got a freekick otherwise.

Fair enough, can’t see how he escaped a card then.
(07-04-2023, 07:04 PM)Pompeyg100 Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-04-2023, 06:28 PM)essentialmix75 Wrote: [ -> ]I couldn't see any other reason why we got a freekick otherwise.

Fair enough, can’t see how he escaped a card then.

He should have been if the ref was in a better position.... He had him in a headlock and face planted him into the ground.
Yh, not a good position for a ref
Bollocks is it unfair to lay into Morrell. This is the second time this season that he's done it.
Hope MK Dons appeal to have the red card rescinded! The fact that not one of their players made any protest to the ref to get Morrell sent off just goes to show that they were oblivious to any wrongdoing by him.

A successful appeal would benefit MK if it means Morrell becomes available to play against their relegation rivals Morecambe, Accy and Oxford!
shortly after the red, one of their players was taken to the sideline for what I guess (from the top tier) was a blood injury treatment. Apart from guessing that was from a headbutt, we did not have a clue what had happened.
Up til that point we were completely bossing the game.
If he was hot headed (again) then I'd take the money and let him go.
Like Kevin Dillon with small man syndrome. Stalking off again with a red card behind him!
(07-04-2023, 08:25 PM)Hammie Wrote: [ -> ]shortly after the red, one of their players was taken to the sideline for what I guess (from the top tier) was a blood injury treatment. Apart from guessing that was from a headbutt, we did not have a clue what had happened.
Up til that point we were completely bossing the game.
If he was hot headed (again) then I'd take the money and let him go.
Like Kevin Dillon with small man syndrome. Stalking off again with a red card behind him!

That was a different player altogether(Dean Lewington). It wasn't a headbutt, he never really touched him. More of a head lean towards.
right ho
not seen any pictures, was driving home.
however, any body doing a head lean is taking a big risk as modern players will go over like hit by Henry Cooper!
(07-04-2023, 08:38 PM)Hammie Wrote: [ -> ]right ho
not seen any pictures, was driving home.
however, any body doing a head lean is taking a big risk as modern players will go over like hit by Henry Cooper!

You know that..... He could have gotten him back, via a tackle later in the game.
The one thing I would take from todays game is..... Look what can happen if you sell your best players!.
It's also clear that not only are the team not ready for the Championship but neither is the Manager. That's not a criticism of the Mouse he's learning his trade as all new managers do. He'll be all the better fimor it next season.
First away day I've done since Blackpool a few years back.

Lovely day! Felt like spring.

Game unfortunately wasn't what we hoped for.

Started well, scored, and then out of the blue Morrell gets sent off - couldn't see what happened from where we were.

He's done well for us but the red killed the game and likely any chance we had at the playoffs.

Dropped his teammates right in it too - 70 odd mins defending.

Thought the lads worked really hard and defended well against near constant pressure.

Fair play to them and we almost nicked it at the end.

Point no good for us ultimately. Oh well.

Thought John probably should have made subs earlier - we had players out on their feet and no pace to give us a chance on the counter. Bishop very isolated and he's not the fastest.

Thought the ref lost the plot a bit - seemed to take the chants from us to heart!

MK Dons - nice enough stadium with nice seats but how soulless?

Imagine going to that every game.
(07-04-2023, 09:06 PM)Rocketman Wrote: [ -> ]It's also clear that not only are the team not ready for the Championship but neither is the Manager. That's not a criticism of the Mouse he's learning his trade as all new managers do. He'll be all the better fimor it next season.

Worrying that you're making excuses for Mousinho already.
MK Dons - nice enough stadium with nice seats but how soulless?

fantastic stadium but needs 30k to get it rocking
good acoustics when we could be bothered.

Arrangements for food on the top tier were amateurish to say the least. Throwing money away as loads of us arrived hungry and stuck in traffic did not have time to buy outside.
Pages: 1 2