TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Team Today
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
(10-04-2023, 04:37 PM)Daniel Wrote: [ -> ]I thought Hume did ok rather he was more forward than dale

looked rusty but that's hardly his fault.
Today reminded me of our last game of the season home loss to Accrington a couple of seasons ago. That was worse obviously but the similarities were there. A must win game against a side much lower in the table that just sat back and we just couldn’t break them down. This has been a trade mark of Pompey for years now
A very poor Bank Holiday game. I too thought Hume did ok. Scarlett and Dale were disappointing, they weren't the only ones. For me Pigott should have started instead of Scarlett. Any rumours of ticket price increases for next season ?
(10-04-2023, 04:50 PM)West Australian Portsmouth Fan Wrote: [ -> ]Today reminded me of our last game of the season home loss to Accrington a couple of seasons ago. That was worse obviously but the similarities were there. A must win game against a side much lower in the table that just sat back and we just couldn’t break them down. This has been a trade mark of Pompey for years now

We so lack pace all over the pitch.
That was one thing harry always tried to have especially upfront.
It was clear at MK where we could not hit them on the break. Not only gets you goals but also free kicks and pens.
That's the first of the boring friendlies over, then, only five more to go.

My feeling that Pompey draw their Easter games appears to be correct.

Do I now have everyone's permission to say the season is over?

How can Scarlett and Dale be higher up the pecking order than Pigott? I still have concerns about Mousinho.

Interesting to see Hume, but, clearly, he is on the rusty side. It would be nice to see him over another two or three games.
How long will the highlights clip last? I'm guessing there won't be one.
Did I miss a MOTM announcement or wasn't there one?
(10-04-2023, 06:08 PM)stayinupforever Wrote: [ -> ]Did I miss a MOTM announcement or wasn't there one?

Marlon Pack was announced.
God knows why
Well that was another waste of 165 miles, £19.25, and 8 hours of my life that I'll never get back.
I thought most of them put a shift in today, but they just weren't very good. We can't even blame the ref, who only made 1 major mistake that I could see. As for MOTM, Pack wasn't the best, he was just the least-worst ;-)
(10-04-2023, 05:00 PM)Hammie Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-04-2023, 04:50 PM)West Australian Portsmouth Fan Wrote: [ -> ]Today reminded me of our last game of the season home loss to Accrington a couple of seasons ago. That was worse obviously but the similarities were there. A must win game against a side much lower in the table that just sat back and we just couldn’t break them down. This has been a trade mark of Pompey for years now

We so lack pace all over the pitch.
That was one thing harry always tried to have especially upfront.
It was clear at MK where we could not hit them on the break. Not only gets you goals but also free kicks and pens.

Agree pace, heart and leadership needed for the new season.
Agree pace, heart and leadership needed for the new season.

The best teams have several "captains" who constantly chivie and support the rest. AB's team had pretty much ten of them!
A young winger without pace used to be very unusual, I guess now they aren't wingers at all, most just go sideways and backwards doing what they are told.
possession is king, and usually pointless.
Pages: 1 2