TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Josh Griffiths
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
God he was shit
I don't know if he was awful but he seemed very average to me, could have got far better for the same money.
Can't be that bad if he has established himself as first choice in a decent Championship side. 

For me, his biggest weakness was that he did not look confident - he has a 'rabbit in the headlights' face -  and consequently didn't inspire confidence in his defence (or his fans) but maybe that will improve with age.  But I don't remember any big clangers whilst he was with us, just a few times when you felt he should have done better.
Wow QPR have dropped a long way. Worked with a QPR supporter just before Christmas and they were in the top 2
2 things for me, his pace of play taking an age to get the ball out and also the fact that every one on one, the opposing player slotted the ball under him every time.
The biggest issue for me was just that he wasn’t very good.
(12-04-2023, 11:16 AM)bluetagagain Wrote: [ -> ]The biggest issue for me was just that he wasn’t very good.

I feel the same way about Olaweyemi when he keeps parrying the ball out for opposing strikers to score from
I think he’s only played four times, give him a chance
(12-04-2023, 02:25 PM)West Australian Portsmouth Fan Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-04-2023, 11:16 AM)bluetagagain Wrote: [ -> ]The biggest issue for me was just that he wasn’t very good.

I feel the same way about Olaweyemi when he keeps parrying the ball out for opposing strikers to score from

Most keepers do this now,its due to the material,weight and the way the ball moves. Its designed to favour the striker and is harder to hold, therefore GK's are taught to palm it away.
Oluwayemi is definitely a good prospect and I hope he gets a new contract.
(12-04-2023, 03:09 PM)bluetagagain Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-04-2023, 02:25 PM)West Australian Portsmouth Fan Wrote: [ -> ]

Most keepers do this now,its due to the material,weight and the way the ball moves. Its designed to favour the striker and is harder to hold, therefore GK's are taught to palm it away.
Oluwayemi is definitely a good prospect and I hope he gets a new contract.

I feel for any goalkeeper that is the last line of defence in pompey teams that have for the large part been very poor. Our regular flow iof shite players is a steep learning curve for youngsters which is why I think macey  has done well whilst the youngsters have struggled. Macey is experienced enough to not rely on the shite in front if him.

Having said that I like oluwayemi and I also hope he gets to develop with us.
One goalkeeper who I never understood why he was rated so highly was Joe Hart. The goal he let in against Gareth Bale in the 2018 World Cup where he got a full hand to the ball but his wrist just crumpled backwards to let the ball into the net really did it for me as far as my not understanding why he was seen as a good goalkeeper. Bale shot the ball from miles out too. Anyone care to enlighten me on how he was seen as a top goalkeeper and played over 250 games for Man City? Obviously playing for City he’s not got much work to do most games
Agreed never really rated Joe Hart as highly as Joe Hart rated himself. Tbf to him he was very good at shouting very loudly in the tunnel before games and sending in videos of himself dancing around like a demented twat to Soccer AM.
Well he’s at Celtic now, another club where most matches he probably doesn’t have much to do
And the goal I was talking about was Euro 2016 in case anyone wants to correct me
(12-04-2023, 04:28 PM)West Australian Portsmouth Fan Wrote: [ -> ]And the goal I was talking about was Euro 2016 in case anyone wants to correct me

One goal does not define a career. 

Hart had plenty of good games for City & England, without quite reaching the heights of previous England national team keepers.
I've had a rethink and decided to stick with my original assessment
(12-04-2023, 05:20 PM)DeepBlue Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-04-2023, 04:28 PM)West Australian Portsmouth Fan Wrote: [ -> ]And the goal I was talking about was Euro 2016 in case anyone wants to correct me

Hart had plenty of good games for City & England, without quite reaching the heights of previous England national team keepers.

It defined for me he had wrists made of chocolate but I knew someone would tell me he was good. Glad he’s no longer in goal for England
Palming out is definitely a modern problem. Keeper have always done it but used to push it around the corner, hardly ever back in front if they wanted to keep their place. Although they get away with it while teams play only one up front so there is no little striker sniffing around for just such a chance.
(13-04-2023, 04:06 AM)West Australian Portsmouth Fan Wrote: [ -> ]

It defined for me he had wrists made of chocolate but I knew someone would tell me he was good. Glad he’s no longer in goal for England

I’m guessing you don’t work in progressional football in any capacity.
(13-04-2023, 01:53 PM)Pompeyg100 Wrote: [ -> ]

I’m guessing you never worked in progressional football either you condescending prick
(13-04-2023, 11:51 PM)West Australian Portsmouth Fan Wrote: [ -> ]
(13-04-2023, 01:53 PM)Pompeyg100 Wrote: [ -> ]

I’m guessing you never worked in progressional football either you condescending prick

Ooooooooh!
Progressional football is a funny typo you must admit?!? Hopefully Mous can train our lot to progress their game to a higher level anyway
Love me a TBA tear up
What happened to Stumpy?
Maybe he's still 'walking with Pompeys top boys'
Pages: 1 2