TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Mingi
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Let your feet do the talking, not your agent.
Seems ill advised to me.
What’s he done?

Deebo

He’s only been and gone and done it.
But is he all that?  He seemed like a sixty-minute man when he was playing, virtually invisible for the last third of games.  OK, he can run with the ball but I haven't seen anything in the way of incisive passing nor has he really worried any goalkeepers.

If he goes then he goes.  We've lost much better in the past and yet they've always been replaced, so let his agent try to talk him up for improved terms from Pompey or a better offer from elsewhere.  Mousinho not giving him a sniff probably tells us more than we otherwise know, after all he works with him every day.
His agent needs to shut the fuck up. What a coont

https://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/footb...et-4102378
I think I’d believe JM’s version
I wouldn’t be that bothered if we went to be fair not the finished product and shouldn’t be paying wages for that. He would be best staying with us or soon find his way back to non league.
Quite unusual for an agent of a player to come out publicly like this and speak on the record. I wonder who initiated this conversation.
17 league starts at the age of 22 says all you need to know about him.  He has not yet proven himself to be worthy of an improved conract.  

A promising player with some good touches and pace sometimes but clearly unable to avoid injury or last 90 mins.  And his attitude would seem to need some improvement unless this is all his agent's doing without consulting him. 

If he goes he goes, he would be easily replacable and we would get some money for him.
IIRC there were some problems with his agent when he was originally signed by DC a couple of years ago.

Anyone remember what it was?
Only briefly read it but isn’t more an issue of game time rather than contract terms?
You get game time if you are good enough, unless you are Owen Dale, of course.
(13-04-2023, 03:48 PM)exterminator Wrote: [ -> ]IIRC there were some problems with his agent when he was originally signed by DC a couple of years ago.

Anyone remember what it was?

Yes, there was. Something along the lines of we thought we had released him but then backtracked because the agent pointed out the terms of his deal meant we couldn't. So we kept him and sent him straight out on loan. 

Can't remember the details but do remember it all sounded very odd at the time.
(13-04-2023, 04:01 PM)TBP Wrote: [ -> ]You get game time if you are good enough, unless you are Owen Dale, of course.

We shouldn’t be offering him a 3 year contract if he’s not good enough?

Also if he’s not good enough we should have sold him in Jan surely?
Would not be bothered if he wasn't here next season.
I don't see what he's supposed to have done wrong to be honest
Looks a good prospect, but it's a bit early, in his career, to start getting uppity about his contract.
(15-04-2023, 01:33 PM)TBP Wrote: [ -> ]Looks a good prospect, but it's a bit early, in his career, to start getting uppity about his contract.

Is he though or is he saying he wants to play football?
No loss if he leaves
I read it that he has an offer closer to home and wants to leave but wants to make it the club's fault.
Either that or an agent who wants unreasonable money for an unproven player
(15-04-2023, 02:02 PM)Hammie Wrote: [ -> ]I read it that he has an offer closer to home and wants to leave but wants to make it the club's fault.
Either that or an agent who wants unreasonable money for an unproven player

I read it that he wants to play football, isn’t asking for more than he’s been offered.
So the boy wants to play. Excellent attitude, exactly as required
He can’t play if he keeps making himself unavailable through so called niggly injuries
(15-04-2023, 10:14 PM)bluetagagain Wrote: [ -> ]He can’t play if he keeps making himself unavailable through so called niggly injuries

Just a thought but maybe by not playing he's avoiding the risk of serious injury so he can get himself a move in the summer.  He wouldn't be the first.
It all feels uncomfortable made much worse by his agent going public.
If a Champ club are after him then he can follow the money which his agent will like very much as he gets a bigger cut. Could easily be a dead end for him. That's a decision he will have to make. Do well at this level for a season then move up or go for the quick money and end up non league.
Pages: 1 2