TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Can not wait for this season to end
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pompey have had many more tumultuous seasons than this. Some seasons that even threatened our very existence.
But for the life of me, I can not remember a more boring season than this.
We have looked anything but decent and yet somehow manage to hold a position near the top.
OK, every team above us I'd better and also a fair few under us.
This summer JM has a massive job on his hands. It's going to be crucial to the fans returning that we produce ENTERFOOKINTAINMENT!
Pompey look, no, are bereft of anything close to yhat presently.
Good luck to him.
Really ironic that we're six points off the playoffs yet have just managed to draw our last three, very winnable games. Can't for the life off me see why we keep playing Dale. Lane didn't do much but was coming back from injury. Jacobs at least provided a spark and a few incisive moments. Nothing seems to come off for Scarlett. He had about three half chances but fluffed them all. Very disappointing season, as you say.
A very disappointing team, they do ok all the time there is not much on it. But as soon as the result is really important or we look like getting close, they clam up or just start whinging at the referee rather than getting on with winning the game.
Not sure two defensive midfielders help with that either. We have 2 good strikers but give them nothing to feed on.
We need to keep a core of experience but really need some pace, guts and desire to win in the team combined with the right sort of discipline.
I went to Wembley with my Plymouth supporting mate from work. What a shit day is was for them. Reminded me of how we play.
However, they are back to winning and looking good to go up.
But it was bolton that impressed me. They were brave, structured, fit and relentless that day. It was a performance I've not seen a pompey side make in years!