TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Season ticket pricing strategy
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Should we pay more depending on where we sit even though the quality of entertainment will be the same for all supporters?
(16-04-2023, 12:01 PM)stayinupforever Wrote: [ -> ]Should we pay more depending on where we sit even though the quality of entertainment will be the same for all supporters?

IMO yes. You are paying for the seats, not the show. Seats with better views should always be more expensive than seats with poor views. And seats in the dry should be more expensive than ones where you get soaked if it rains.

Theatre tickets are always priced differently depending on how good the seats are, I fail to see why football should be any different.
We need fully flexible ticket pricing with extra low prices closer to the game, if there are a lot of empty seats and much higher prices, if the tickets sell quickly early on. I'm sure the ticket office's systems are well capable of handling this.
and individual tickets with restricted view should have a fiver chopped off the price next along.
This was one used as a strategy to encourage social groups to be seated in certain areas of the stand: family area, loud home end.

There are a good number of 50+ mouth closed and arms folded that stand in silence in the FE and need to shuffle off to the North or South
time to create a Pompey tartan to encourage movement to the south upper
I acquired a blue "thread" tweed cap while in Harris (Which the club should sell for us older types!)
So I now need a blue tartan blanket to let me feel fully comfortable in my new home
and I do prefer to spend most of my time seated nowadays, up and down is a bugger for my dodgy hip!
Well, watching the game tonight I'm going to buy the cheapest season ticket possible.
(18-04-2023, 08:06 PM)stayinupforever Wrote: [ -> ]Well, watching the game tonight I'm going to buy the cheapest season ticket possible.

I want a restricted view  Hides some of the utter dross served up
(16-04-2023, 01:12 PM)TBP Wrote: [ -> ]We need fully flexible ticket pricing with extra low prices closer to the game, if there are a lot of empty seats and much higher prices, if the tickets sell quickly early on. I'm sure the ticket office's systems are well capable of handling this.
????
(16-04-2023, 01:00 PM)DeepBlue Wrote: [ -> ]
(16-04-2023, 12:01 PM)stayinupforever Wrote: [ -> ]Should we pay more depending on where we sit even though the quality of entertainment will be the same for all supporters?

IMO yes. You are paying for the seats, not the show. Seats with better views should always be more expensive than seats with poor views. And seats in the dry should be more expensive than ones where you get soaked if it rains.

Theatre tickets are always priced differently depending on how good the seats are, I fail to see why football should be any different.

Smile Smile
I think if you go to the Theatre you're paying for both the seat & the show!!
I dont see football being any different either!!
and we should copy the theatre and close the doors after kick off time
Fed up with late arrivals (usually the ones who leave early too) blocking the view as they stand in the aisle argue about where they should be then go in and then out and then realise they are in totally the wrong place!
If the extra beer was so important, stay in the pub!
(20-04-2023, 12:12 PM)Hammie Wrote: [ -> ]and we should copy the theatre and close the doors after kick off time
Fed up with late arrivals (usually the ones who leave early too) blocking the view as they stand in the aisle argue about where they should be then go in and then out and then realise they are in totally the wrong place!

My word, the things that infuriate us oldies. I sit at the end of a row to get more leg room and the number of people who are up and down to the khazi during a half is bemusing. Does this town have serious prostate problems?
(20-04-2023, 01:38 PM)TBP Wrote: [ -> ]
(20-04-2023, 12:12 PM)Hammie Wrote: [ -> ]and we should copy the theatre and close the doors after kick off time

My word, the things that infuriate us oldies. I sit at the end of a row to get more leg room and the number of people who are up and down to the khazi during a half is bemusing. Does this town have serious prostate problems?

or drink too much beer pre match while complaining about the price!