TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Get Westwood back
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
The last two home games I thought I had been transported to Scummers ground , the long silences were deafening. It was so bad it was embarrassing !! You cannot get away from it , when Westwood and his band are there , there is a constant atmosphere, the one that we are famous for when they are not  it's awful. Don't get me wrong it's his own fault that he is not at the games and he needs to change because without him it's just like any other ground with no atmosphere. Hopefully he can reign in his stupid behaviour and be back for the start of next season. Fratton Park is not the same without him !!
(22-04-2023, 07:02 PM)Yepmop70 Wrote: [ -> ]The last two home games I thought I had been transported to Scummers ground , the long silences were deafening. It was so bad it was embarrassing !! You cannot get away from it , when Westwood and his band are there , there is a constant atmosphere, the one that we are famous for when they are not  it's awful. Don't get me wrong it's his own fault that he is not at the games and he needs to change because without him it's just like any other ground with no atmosphere. Hopefully he can reign in his stupid behaviour and be back for the start of next season. Fratton Park is not the same without him !!

The atmosphere has been crap because the football has been crap, today was nothing short of appalling. We were playing the second bottom team but didn’t get a shot on target until well into the second half.

The drum and bell would just have been one further annoyance today.

I’ve been going to FP for 61 years and Westwood has had fuck all to do with the atmosphere.

The atmosphere is created by the team interacting with the excellent Pomoey crowd, nothing to do with Westwood and his strange little crew.
Well I think he’s allowed back in August. I’m wondering if he would even bother coming back, and if he didn’t I’m sure many on this board would celebrate. Say what you want about him the atmosphere was miles better with him than without. When he dies as we all will some day I expect a minutes Portsmouth Till I Die to honour him at FP and I’m not joking either
(22-04-2023, 08:33 PM)West Australian Portsmouth Fan Wrote: [ -> ]Well I think he’s allowed back in August. I’m wondering if he would even bother coming back, and if he didn’t I’m sure many on this board would celebrate. Say what you want about him the atmosphere was miles better with him than without. When he dies as we all will some day I expect a minutes Portsmouth Till I Die to honour him at FP and I’m not joking either

Is that first hand experience of the atmosphere?
(22-04-2023, 08:59 PM)Pompeyg100 Wrote: [ -> ]
(22-04-2023, 08:33 PM)West Australian Portsmouth Fan Wrote: [ -> ]Well I think he’s allowed back in August. I’m wondering if he would even bother coming back, and if he didn’t I’m sure many on this board would celebrate. Say what you want about him the atmosphere was miles better with him than without. When he dies as we all will some day I expect a minutes Portsmouth Till I Die to honour him at FP and I’m not joking either

First hand watching it on iFollow does that count? And rather than snipe at me what’s your opinion of the atmosphere of late?
(23-04-2023, 04:46 AM)West Australian Portsmouth Fan Wrote: [ -> ]

First hand watching it on iFollow does that count? And rather than snipe at me what’s your opinion of the atmosphere of late?
The team playing carp has never been an excuse for silence, in fact it's the opposite , the worse we are sometimes the louder the support generally is. If some of you remember about ten years of so ago an experiment was tried when there were complaints about Westwood ruining the atmosphere, so he agreed to keep quiet for a couple of games so that the other fans could sing their songs, and what happened, same as Accrington yesterday ,long spells of silence. If Westwood and his crew don't make the noise nobody does,  There is nobody to take on keeping the crowd going. Get him back asap  PUP
Nobody is stopping his merry little band from drumming or singing so why isn’t it happening or have they all been triggered into silence because Westwood isn’t there.

Snipe? I asked a question, sensitive little sole aren’t you?

No it doesn’t really count. Atmosphere hasn’t been great even with the prick there.
(23-04-2023, 07:57 AM)bluetagagain Wrote: [ -> ]Nobody is stopping his merry little band from drumming or singing so why isn’t it happening or have they all been triggered into silence because Westwood isn’t there.

Exactly, bloke rings a bell ffs. When he eventually shows up of course.
(23-04-2023, 05:56 AM)Yepmop70 Wrote: [ -> ]

No disrespect, but actually first hand watching it on ifollow doesn't count. You're not sitting in the same stand listening to his bile. You're not dodging the pissed up drunk in the stands or waiting for him to turn up 20 mins into the game. Like mist things in life, there's a big difference to watching on TV to being there.

The atmosphere is the accumulation of 7 years of nothing, with nothing happening and nothing on the horizon but more words of hope. We're still listening to promises for yet another season with a management set up that is basically a gamble (which o hope works out).

Anyone who thinks we're all going to break into song and start cheering the sideways football when that drunk kunt gets back into the ground is deluded.
As ex Gaffer observed .... John P.F.C. Westwood is not responsible for the 'atmosphere in Fratton Park'.

I would imagine he is recalling the days of yor when the whole ground would be as one, singing, stamping, clapping, chanting, vibrating and breathing as ONE.

Total, total support of the team. Willing and making - even FORCING the team to achieve the impossible - and doing in.

That was ATMOSHERE, where the referees were quivering, and visiting managers hid.

They were the incredible days I recall , not irrelevant , singular percussion, and awkward and tuneless bursts of a bugle.
(23-04-2023, 08:20 AM)Lawrence Wrote: [ -> ]

No disrespect, but actually first hand watching it on ifollow doesn't count. You're not sitting in the same stand listening to his bile. You're not dodging the pissed up drunk in the stands or waiting for him to turn up 20 mins into the game. Like mist things in life, there's a big difference to watching on TV to being there.

The atmosphere is the accumulation of 7 years of nothing, with nothing happening and nothing on the horizon but more words of hope. We're still listening to promises for yet another season with a management set up that is basically a gamble (which o hope works out).

Anyone who thinks we're all going to break into song and start cheering the sideways football when that drunk kunt gets back into the ground is deluded.
I don’t think watching on iFollow is first hand either but you can make out just like you can on tv whether there is singing or not. Also you can tell whether there is more or less noise than usual if you watch the same team play over a season. Since I live on the other side of the planet I find it difficult to attend games in person and the bloke asking me whether I have been experiencing the atmosphere first hand was just being a knob again
(23-04-2023, 09:25 AM)West Australian Portsmouth Fan Wrote: [ -> ]
(23-04-2023, 08:20 AM)Lawrence Wrote: [ -> ]
(22-04-2023, 08:59 PM)Pompeyg100 Wrote: [ -> ]Is that first hand experience of the atmosphere?

I don’t think watching on iFollow is first hand either but you can make out just like you can on tv whether there is singing or not. Also you can tell whether there is more or less noise than usual if you watch the same team play over a season. Since I live on the other side of the planet I find it difficult to attend games in person and the bloke asking me whether I have been experiencing the atmosphere first hand was just being a knob again

You’d have thought living in the sun would chill you out.  Such a stroppy boy.
Westwood's Muppet show killed off the atmosphere to the point no one can get a song or a chant going while they were banging, ringing, and nerring away. It will take time and some on the pitch inspiration, along with JPFCW's prolonged absence to get it back.
(23-04-2023, 12:02 PM)Cressers Wrote: [ -> ]Westwood's Muppet show killed off the atmosphere to the point no one  can get a song or a chant going while they were banging, ringing, and nerring away. It will take time and some on the pitch inspiration, along with JPFCW's prolonged absence to get the it back.

100% spot on. Only a fool or someone under 16 would want Westwood back. He has done far more damage to the atmosphere by singing and I mean that very loosely the same dross week in week out for years now. God if he had been at the last few games I am sure what with the dross on the pitch plus the toxic feeling among the crowd someone would have probably knocked him out. I for one and I know many others would like, that he and the drums will never be back at Fratton.
From his words to Neil Allen (this is the lowest point of my life), it looks like he wants to reform. Hope he can. Drinking less would definitely help.
Talk is cheap. The article just screamed, look at me, look at me, haven't I been hard done by, it's hurting me - plus at 60 I'm now admitting I'm a bit of a din.

Most amusing line was, "I can hold my drink."
He can't.
Nor can I :-(
(23-04-2023, 09:13 AM)firqdays Wrote: [ -> ]As ex Gaffer observed .... John P.F.C. Westwood is not responsible for the 'atmosphere in Fratton Park'.

I would imagine he is recalling the days of yor when the whole ground would be as one, singing, stamping, clapping, chanting, vibrating and  breathing as ONE.

Total, total support of the team. Willing and making - even FORCING the team to achieve the impossible - and doing in.

That was ATMOSHERE, where the referees were quivering, and visiting managers hid.

They were the incredible days I recall , not irrelevant , singular percussion, and awkward and tuneless bursts of a bugle.

Oh for a return to the days when Fratton was a vile place for visiting teams and their fans. Social cleansing has ruined it.
(28-04-2023, 03:51 PM)dsmg Wrote: [ -> ]From his words to Neil Allen (this is the lowest point of my life), it looks like he wants to reform. Hope he can. Drinking less would definitely help.

He was tolerable in the early days (see video link) but he's been allowed to deteriorate over the years.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QDl1nT12eLI

Anyway, they were cracking days. I remember seeing Joyce in around FP on match day. Characters like that are who you really miss from the old days.
When did we stop singing a different song for each player?
When we lost the will to start anything new.
It’s everyone else’s fault is what he’s saying and that he has to change but won’t change.

Until he realizes it’s him that’s the problem, he’ll continue to get banned for being a dick.

He also needs to admit his drinking problem.
Pages: 1 2