TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Eisners
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
It's set up very well for a league one club with limited ambition.
You could also say foundations have been well built for a push up the leagues.

Same situation, depends if you are a half full or half empty glass person.
(30-04-2023, 08:47 AM)teeftwo Wrote: [ -> ]You could also say foundations have been well built for a push up the leagues.

Glass half full, or half empty implies that the glass is not the right size.
(30-04-2023, 08:45 AM)Jizbag Wrote: [ -> ]It's set up very well for a league one club with limited ambition.

Couldn't have put it better myself.
(30-04-2023, 08:57 AM)Cleaver Greene Wrote: [ -> ]
(30-04-2023, 08:47 AM)teeftwo Wrote: [ -> ]You could also say foundations have been well built for a push up the leagues.

Absolutely!
Umm.... no sorry, I don't get it.
(30-04-2023, 10:50 AM)Gerry Hatrick Wrote: [ -> ]

Absolutely!
Umm.... no sorry, I don't get it.

No me either.

No,it means there's not enough beer.
Other S words: stasis, stale, stagnation
(30-04-2023, 11:30 AM)stayinupforever Wrote: [ -> ]

No,it means there's not enough beer.

Oh, yeah I get it now!

What about if it's a wine glass?
Which is smaller.
But higher in alcohol by volume.
Is it a nice red or some cheap nasty white?
(25-04-2023, 07:09 AM)Daniel Wrote: [ -> ]Are they as bad as lots make out? 

My personal opinion is they are the best owners he have had in decades they haven’t done the hard hat on a digger photo opportunity and the never say they are going to do something unless it’s signed and sealed.

They have made mistakes whilst here maybe being naive trusting people to do their jobs?

No one will ever know how much the budgets are/were be we can all see what ever it was it chunks were wasted on loans and expensive wages on players that are always injured or just not good enough. 

My guess is that’s why Hughes has been brought in. Who built a league 2 promotion team for Forrest green who also brought in rob Edwards who is doing fantastic at Luton now. Maybe he just sees bits of him in john mousinho?

I also believe they know this is a big summer for them and if they don’t back Hughes and mousinho they will look rather stupid.

If they could start their time here again I would say they would bring in an advisor for them.

So are they bad owners?

Not bad owners. Financially prudent. Needed better advice coming in. The work on the ground could have done 5 years ago.
Work on the ground should of been done when we were in the premier league
Never understood the 'glass half full' concept.

As an eternal optimist, I definitely prefer the 'glass half empty' mindset.

"Do you want a refill? - no my glass is half full" is so passive, whereas:

"Do you want a refill? - yes please, my glass is half empty" is more dynamic and implies a change is needed!
(30-04-2023, 06:19 PM)Pompey_in_Derby Wrote: [ -> ]Never understood the 'glass half full' concept.

As an eternal optimist, I definitely prefer the 'glass half empty' mindset.

"Do you want a refill? - no my glass is half full" is so passive, whereas:

"Do you want a refill? - yes please, my glass is half empty" is more dynamic and implies a change is needed!

I had to re-read that twice, probably because I've emptied too many glasses. Spot on, but concept-wise I can't help but disagree
I’m not concerned about how much I have left in the glass, as long as I know there is plenty more left in the bottle!
Used to know someone whose glass, after a few shants, was always half-full 'cos it was his round next.
Latest from Eisner senior. No reason not to believe in him, they’ve delivered everything they’ve said so far.
https://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/footb...ls-4125321
They know the next 2 windows will make or break with the fans!
"with some fans"
some are prepared to play the long game, having waited since Tel was the owner to see any improvement to the ground
Longer than that to see us own a training ground
He has come out and said we need a better team, everything else he has said has been followed through.
Incidentally, how much will Ipswich have lost this season to get promoted? I've heard various figures, from nil to 30 million squid.
(01-05-2023, 04:10 PM)Hammie Wrote: [ -> ]"with some fans"
some are prepared to play the long game, having waited since Tel was the owner to see any improvement to the ground
Longer than that to see us own a training ground
He has come out and said we need a better team, everything else he has said has been followed through.
Incidentally, how much will Ipswich have lost this season to get promoted? I've heard various figures, from nil to 30 million squid.

Wasn't the Academy on that list? We're still at the lower grade & that needs rectifying asap. 

We need to be looking up to at least 5 years ahead & developing our own good players for the 1st team & to sell on.

I don't know the figure but they've made a calculated gamble & it's come off.

Bigger gates, more sponsorship revenue including hospitality packages.

Countered by biggesr wage demands but the chance of The Premier League.

Whether we like it or not the commercial aspect is paramount in modern football.

I'm Not sure the Eisner's really understand about football sponsorship but should do with the Disney background.

I'm Not sure when the Uni sponsorship ends but the Marketing Dept; need to get a Sponsor prepared to put in a decent wad of cash.
I suspect they did not realise the extreme and probably unnecessary requirements for a youth team (and mid way team too)
I certainly did not appreciate how a higher grade youth set up requires, ie MUST HAVE more of a training set up than we've ever had for the whole club. So Farlington would be no good as an indoor pitch is required ie a large building.
Not that they will be directly involved but I’m pretty sure agreeing a sponsorship deal for a L1 football club is well within their capabilities.
but don't get betting on the shirt please.
Personally I think they will look for a partner soon to get more investment (I know they are rich enough already) maybe someone like Milan Manderic he was at a game not that long ago.

The problem is there are no ultra rich people that support Portsmouth.
(03-05-2023, 04:51 AM)Daniel Wrote: [ -> ]Personally I think they will look for a partner soon to get more investment (I know they are rich enough already) maybe someone like Milan Manderic he was at a game not that long ago.

The problem is there are no ultra rich people that support Portsmouth.

Agreed. Or No major potential Sponsor directly in the direct area so need to look further afield.

There are a number of potential businesses in the Hampshire area & would have No qualms aproaching Companies in our rivals area.

No Betting Cos on shirts totally agreed irresponable advertising.
Pages: 1 2 3