TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: atmospheres
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Clicking around the matches on tonight (on BT)
Forest are absolutely rocking the City Ground. They never had a real reputation for big crowds or noisy support, but tonight they are doing their players proud. 
Man City who used to make a racket are curiously quiet on such an important night, possibly real fans have been priced out?
Back to Forest, a manager picking up a poor side and improving them to promotion shows how a crowd can be re energised for a subsequent relegation scrap too. Hopefully we can see the same at fratton.
I can remember Cloughie criticising the Forest support by saying something along the lines of "Sometimes I feel I should book them on a coach and send them to Roker or Fratton to learn how to really support the team"
I would love to see that quote in print. It's the first I've ever heard of it.
Am sure it was when Bally was manager in about 1984. We beat Forest at Fratton in the first leg of the league cup though went on to lose the second leg at their place. His comments were either in the Forest match programme or in the Nottingham Evening Post in the build up to the second leg.
That Forest game was my first big away Pompey night. Went up with the Corporation bus drivers on one of their new single decker coach/buses. I never knew how much I wanted to go until my dad told me he had booked a ticket for me with the other drivers.