TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Jayden Reid
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I see from todays Snooze that the decision about whether or not to keep Jayden Reid is a tricky one. Not for me it isn't. The potential downsides far outweigh the upsides. Feel sorry for the guy but he's had 2 years of rehab and we'd be better off getting a replacement without such a chequered medical history.
Agreed. Not time for sentiment. It happens in all walks of life.
We cannot afford to pay for both Reid and Curtis. If we need to terminate one of their contracts then it would have to be Reid's. Feel sorry for the lad, and hope he has something lined up, be it in or out of football.
Reid would be on peanuts if offered a new contract, I wouldn’t be unhappy with a pay as you play contract for 6 months with a view to extending to a full contract if he can stay fit.

It’s time for Curtis to move on that’s for sure.
The absolute first bit of business I would do this summer would be to renew Curtis. His stats speak for themselves and he will appreciate in value. Why take a shot in the dark when you don't have to?
It's not just sentiment, the club has a duty of care.  These players got injured whilst doing a job for their employer and as in any other job the employer has responsibilites in that situation. 

Extending their contracts on a month by month contract contract , maybe with pay as you play as part of it, is the logical way forward.  

Personally I'd keep Curtis, he is worth money to other clubs if we give him a contract and he comes back to form (which he was doing under Mousinho). 

Reid is more difficult - he was a very promising player when we signed him, but speed was an important part of his game and will he regain that ? Mousinho faces an impossible deciding without having seen him play, or even train, so the obvious thing is to delay that decision until he has seen him, keeping him here at very low cost until he is fit. Letting him go could backfire badly if he went on to be worth lots of money for someone else.
(27-04-2023, 09:24 AM)Pompeyg100 Wrote: [ -> ]Reid would be on peanuts if offered a new contract, I wouldn’t be unhappy with a pay as you play contract for 6 months with a view to extending to a full contract if he can stay fit.

It’s time for Curtis to move on that’s for sure.

I agree with you about Reid on a play as you play contract. Think it would be worth a try. Disagree about Curtis though. He was definitely coming back into form before his injury and we have missed his drive and aggression. A fit motivated Curtis played in the correct position gives us a much more positive attack
some criticise the club for not offering Jack a longer contract to keep him here, then say Reid should get the boot.
Similar injuries.
If he is cheap a short term deal as suggested above does not see unreasonable.