TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Di’Shon Bernard
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Should we make a bid for him. My vote is yes, should be a within budget signing and looks an ok defender
It sounds like he would be happy and we are interested, might well work out.
Unless a champ side outbids us on wages. Especially if they are northern based.
Thought he had his best game so far for us today. Towler did pretty well too, up against one of the best attacks in the division.
That has to be the silver lining from these last few games. Getting some of the young players vital mins against teams going all out for the win. 

I would be happy if these two were our starting CBs next season. I think they will come good with some experience next to them. I we did this, we would need at least 2 marquee midfield signings to protect them more than the oompah loompas we currently employ.
A surprisingly good performance today, considering how dire he has been since he came into the side.
(29-04-2023, 07:24 PM)Cunninglinguist Wrote: [ -> ]A surprisingly good performance today, considering how dire he has been since he came into the side.

He was played out of position at right back when he first came into the side. I remember how dire Raggett was when he was played in his actual position when he first came into the side, and yes he improved and he’s an ok league one defender but we can surely do better. For what it’s worth I would definitely keep Raggett because he’s ok at his job and we can afford him
Oompah loompah midfielders? We have Pack, Lowery and Morrell. Look pretty good to me
(29-04-2023, 07:54 PM)dsmg Wrote: [ -> ]Oompah loompah midfielders? We have Pack, Lowery and Morrell. Look pretty good to me

Lowery is 5'6
Morrell is 5'6
Pack is 6'2

I make that 67% oomp
(29-04-2023, 07:37 PM)West Australian Portsmouth Fan Wrote: [ -> ]
(29-04-2023, 07:24 PM)Cunninglinguist Wrote: [ -> ]A surprisingly good performance today, considering how dire he has been since he came into the side.

He was played out of position at right back when he first came into the side. I remember how dire Raggett was when he was played in his actual position when he first came into the side, and yes he improved and he’s an ok league one defender but we can surely do better. For what it’s worth I would definitely keep Raggett because he’s ok at his job and we can afford him

I’m not talking about when he played at right back.

A valid point about Raggett when he first arrived. I’m not saying that Bernard can’t come good too. I’m just saying that that is his best performance, so far, in his preferred position. He has been dire.
(30-04-2023, 05:59 AM)Santa release Claus Wrote: [ -> ]'Looks an OK defender'
'Might well work out'
'Surprisingly good performance'
'Dire since he came into the side'
'He has been dire'

Similarly to Piggott, I really don't understand the clamour to permanently sign loanees who, by and large, have been a bang average part of a bang average team.

We're not going to improve until the quality of players in the team improves, so bye bye DiShawn, mustard you ain't.

Exactly that.
Be mad to not try and get it done
He’s returning from a bad injury, he had an excellent season in the champ last season with a team who wanted to buy him.

I believe there’s a lot more to come from him and would be a good signing.
He's only 22, has lots of potential, 20+ games in the championship and is a southerner.

Unlikely to break into the Man United team so a permanent move to an EFL club would make sense.

Maybe Pompey are in a stronger position to sign him than some on here think? The key being Bernard started in the Chelsea academy...... where he was coached by Jon Harley. Could be the first of a few recruits from Harley's time there?
Buy and play him in his preferred position.
Just going back to the Raggett comments. When he came to us I think he was recovering from two breaks of the same ankle. So if he was a bit tentative I think that was understandable.