TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Transfer strategy
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The transfer strategy they wanted to implement last summer was buy talent for a relatively low fee and sell for a profit. Highly likely bishop is to be the first one sold from this new approach. So I’m really not sure why so many people shocked or against selling him. We bring in 3/4 top class players including his replacement we would be in a far better position as a squad.

We sign talented players in the last year of their contract at cut price and rinse and repeat
Dan, as I have said before Please do not sell BISHOP to a competitor - have we not learnt that lesson ? - look EAST.

We need to build on recruiting, and retain proven goal scorers, as good as Bishop, or we will never progress
Is that not what scum have been doing?.. And look at them!. Wink

Knowing us we will replace him with a new Harrison & Marquis.

Watching Pompey is like watching someone swimming against the tide. We are slowly going backwards.

I know we are going to sell our best players.... But we shouldn't be.
(30-04-2023, 11:29 AM)firqdays Wrote: [ -> ]Dan, as I have said before Please do not sell BISHOP to a competitor - have we not learnt that lesson ? - look EAST.

We need to build on recruiting, and retain proven goal scorers, as good as Bishop,  or we will never progress

We won’t be selling to a competitor, it will be someone in the champ.
(30-04-2023, 11:32 AM)Pompeyg100 Wrote: [ -> ]
(30-04-2023, 11:29 AM)firqdays Wrote: [ -> ]Dan, as I have said before Please do not sell BISHOP to a competitor - have we not learnt that lesson ? - look EAST.

We need to build on recruiting, and retain proven goal scorers, as good as Bishop,  or we will never progress

We won’t sell to anyone in the same division. 

But bishop’s numbers before this season weren’t great. We need to get the best players from the teams below us. Sam nombe, Sam smith, cole Stockton, Alfie May would all score similar to bishop they are just playing for struggling teams

maybe throw money at macaulay langstaff
(30-04-2023, 11:42 AM)Daniel Wrote: [ -> ]

But bishop’s numbers before this season weren’t great. We need to get the best players from the teams below us. Sam nombe, Sam smith, cole Stockton, Alfie May would all score similar to bishop they are just playing for struggling teams

Some of those would be a decent partner for Bishop,  but none would be replacements for him, they are all support strikers rather than centre forwards.   And none of them have any more pace than Bishop has, and it is pace that we need to be signing this summer.
(30-04-2023, 01:16 PM)DeepBlue Wrote: [ -> ]
(30-04-2023, 11:42 AM)Daniel Wrote: [ -> ]

Some of those would be a decent partner for Bishop,  but none would be replacements for him, they are all support strikers rather than centre forwards.   And none of them have any more pace than Bishop has, and it is pace that we need to be signing this summer.

You don’t need such a pacy striker if you have fast wingers. 

I’d like sully KiaKia brought in he’s a free tricky left winger.
But if Bishop goes we need a new centre forward, and none of those are centre-forwards.  And if we are signing a new partner for Bishop then it really needs to be someone with a bit more pace, or else you may as well just keep Pigott. And lack of pace was the reason given for not playing the two of them together very often this season.
The players we will sign will be names you have never heard of. That's the Richard Hughes broken toys model. Buy low sell high. The names you're naming are already names who others have discovered. They are missed targets.
(30-04-2023, 01:51 PM)scumslayer Wrote: [ -> ]The players we will sign will be names you have never heard of. That's the Richard Hughes broken toys model. Buy low sell high. The names you're naming are already names who others have discovered. They are missed targets.

Paddy lane was already a name 

I know we didn’t finalise the deal but we were in for jevani brown also. So not 100% correct with names you wouldn’t of heard of.