TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Paddy Lane
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Great enthusiasm and energy. Has he got a twin that can play on the left?
I’m still not convinced he’s what we need, however he is young and still learning, so happy to give the nipper a fair crack of the whip.
If we sign young and upcoming players we are going to have to be more patient with them than we often have been as a fan base in the past.
Home advantage only works if your own players feel supported rather than castigated every time they make a mistake.
The key is to look the part. Towler looked the part from the start and at Wimbledon beforehand, too, then the occasional mistake is no biggy. It is always going to be tricky winning over supporters when you struggle to put anything together in a game.
He's doing very well.
I was up in Blackpool last year and went to watch Fleetwood play Plymouth, Lane was the star of the show.

It takes some players a while to settle and we haven’t seen the best of him yet.

I reckon the signs are good though and I expect him to play a key part in our season.

PUP
Hammie said,

"If we sign young and upcoming players we are going to have to be more patient with them than we often have been as a fan base in the past.
Home advantage only works if your own players feel supported rather than castigated every time they make a mistake."

Exactly that Hammie, it's all about being realistic.

You could see on Tuesday night he was soaking up the support from the fans, and that must continue.

All professional players mess up sometimes, but I believe with Paddy we have a player who will keep on, and on, improving, given realistic support and faith.
Kin ‘ell.

3 goals and an assist, in 5 appearances. What more do you want???

Bishop can fuck right off.
Agreed Cunni, some seem to think we have a divine right to be in the Prem playing Real Madrid type football. We are Pompey ffs, been in the lower leagues half our existence and thankfully are still here to tell the tale. Things at last seem to be improving and we have a good chance this year of reaching the second tier again after many moons. Expecting Lane to do more than he's already doing is just unrealistic. He's scored two great goals recently and as you say, an assist to boot. Why can't people just enjoy the success we're currently having instead off always looking for things to complain about. I just don't understand it.
(05-10-2023, 11:06 AM)dsmg Wrote: [ -> ]Agreed Cunni, some seem to think we have a divine right to be in the Prem playing Real Madrid type football. We are Pompey ffs, been in the lower leagues half our existence and thankfully are still here to tell the tale. Things at last seem to be improving and we have a good chance this year of reaching the second tier again after many moons. Expecting Lane to do more than he's already doing is just unrealistic. He's scored two great goals recently and as you say, an assist to boot. Why can't people just enjoy the success we're currently having instead off always looking for things to complain about. I just don't understand it.

Completely agree. For a town our size Championship is about right. The 7 years in the Prem under Harry et al was great apart from near bankrupting us, and now we don't have to watch the blatant cheating in the Prem pretty much every game. Another couple of years or so in the top league would be fine if we genuinely have the finance, but that's a long way off yet. Meanwhile, maybe this is the season to sit back and enjoy.
Paddy is a shining light amongst, to be fair, alot of lights.
He is actually worth the entrance fee when he's on it.
I hope he continues in his current form and stays injury free.
He will rival Regan Poole for player of the year!