TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Gary O’Neil
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Surely got to be manager of the year !!!
If Spurs nick him do we owe them a fee?
Done a brilliant job on a shoestring budget & miniscule ground.

About time we caught up with them & Brighton.

Fed up with being the poor Neighbours!
quite likely we will rise as one or two of our neigbours pass their peak and then fall.
(01-05-2023, 06:38 PM)mikey393 Wrote: [ -> ]Done a brilliant job on a shoestring budget & miniscule ground.

About time we caught up with them & Brighton.

Fed up with being the poor Neighbours!

Wouldn’t say quite a shoestring budget, the team against Leeds cost 105 million but yes he has done a brilliant job.
'Brilliant' is a bit over the top. Got the new manager bounce at the start then went on a very poor run before turning it round recently. So his recent form in the last 5 or 6 games has been very good and bodes well.
(03-05-2023, 07:18 AM)Tomsk Wrote: [ -> ]'Brilliant' is a bit over the top. Got the new manager bounce at the start then went on a very poor run before turning it round recently. So his recent form in the last 5 or 6 games has been very good and bodes well.

I would say brilliant. Don't forget this is his first proper managerial role, being dropped in it in a big way in the premeirship. Yes he had great results at the start, then had to deal with some injury problems in the squad. He is learning all the time, and so far I think he is doing a great job. When I see him next I'll ask him if he want the Pompey job in the future.
Who wouldnt want Gary O back at the club?
If scott parker didn't get sacked,I reckon he would of been nailed on manager for us after the chuckle brothers left.
(03-05-2023, 09:07 AM)Cleaver Greene Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-05-2023, 07:18 AM)Tomsk Wrote: [ -> ]'Brilliant' is a bit over the top. Got the new manager bounce at the start then went on a very poor run before turning it round recently. So his recent form in the last 5 or 6 games has been very good and bodes well.

I would say brilliant. Don't forget this is his first proper managerial role, being dropped in it in a big way in the premeirship. Yes he had great results at the start, then had to deal with some injury problems in the squad. He is learning all the time, and so far I think he is doing a great job. When I see him next I'll ask him if he want the Pompey job in the future.

Danny Cowley didn’t want him back.
(03-05-2023, 10:01 AM)Pompeyg100 Wrote: [ -> ]

Could someone knowledgeable enlarge on this please? Rumour or fact?
(03-05-2023, 12:18 PM)Slagger Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-05-2023, 10:01 AM)Pompeyg100 Wrote: [ -> ]

Could someone knowledgeable enlarge on this please? Rumour or fact?

O'Neil let it be known he was open to a return to Fratton, but Cowley turned him down because we did not have any vacancies on the coaching staff at the time.
More like he did'nt want to be upstaged by a bloke who would be a better coach / manager than the Chuckle brothers ever will (could) be.
Another could’ve/should’ve/would’ve event in Pompey history then. There was the alleged interest by Roman Abramovich in buying Pompey prior to acquiring Chelsea I heard. Does this sort of thing only happen to us?
No, we’ve had dodgy owners several times
wouldn't be suprised if Harry was in the background with advice ect. considering his history with the cherries