TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Player of the season
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
How do we vote?
And for who?
There’s only one candidate surely?
Nah.

Bishop has scored a truck full but I reckon Rafferty (and even Swanson) has done their job equally as well. Morrell would have been a contender if he’d bothered playing leading up to the World Cup and hadn’t been such a twat getting sent off twice.
Rafferty missed a big chunk of the season and even then it must be Bishop, all day long.
(03-05-2023, 10:18 AM)Gerry Hatrick Wrote: [ -> ]Rafferty missed a big chunk of the season and even then it must be Bishop, all day long.

Our players of the season tend to move on straightaway, don't they? With the odd exception.
Bishop. There is no one to rival Bishop.
(03-05-2023, 10:04 AM)Cunninglinguist Wrote: [ -> ]Nah.

Bishop has scored a truck full but I reckon Rafferty (and even Swanson) has done their job equally as well. Morrell would have been a contender if he’d bothered playing leading up to the World Cup and hadn’t been such a twat getting sent off twice.

Swanson has played 15 league games this season.

He did very well but can’t be player of the season.
(03-05-2023, 10:25 AM)SouthseaBubble Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-05-2023, 10:18 AM)Gerry Hatrick Wrote: [ -> ]Rafferty missed a big chunk of the season and even then it must be Bishop, all day long.

Our players of the season tend to move on straightaway, don't they? With the odd exception.

Yup....although last season Raggett bucked the trend
Bishop obviously. Honourable mention for Macey but less than half a season.

Interesting - Last striker to win it was Peter Crouch 2002. No Toddy, Yak, Defoe etc.

https://www.myfootballfacts.com/premier-...-the-year/
Bishop has to win it.

Early in the season I thought Pack would walk it, he just looked far too good for this division, but he didn't maintain that form after his injury, although I would still make him second in the voting. 

Third place is between Morrell (but you have to forgive his pre-world cup apathy), Rafferty (injured for too long), Robertson (ditto but done nothing else wrong) , & Ogilvie (steady and reliable as ever with added goals this season).
Wasn’t Colby awarded it last night?
That was player's player I think.
Should the players have had a wild party before the end of the season, or did they know all along that the last game wouldn't matter?
(03-05-2023, 01:57 PM)TBP Wrote: [ -> ]Should the players have had a wild party before the end of the season, or did they know all along that the last game wouldn't matter?

It was arranged by the Eisners in case we still had a chance of reaching the play offs to ensure it was derailed.

How wild a party was it?
End of Season Awards

Award Winner
Men's Players' Player of the Season (with SG Fleet) Colby Bishop
Men's Player of the Season Colby Bishop
Women's Players' Player of the Season Hannah Haughton
Women's Player of the Season Jazz Younger
Women's Young Player of the Season Sophie Quirk
Goal of the Season Marlon Pack (v Exeter)
Academy Player of the Season (with Milkwood Care) Harvey Laidlaw
Community Player of the Season Owen Dale
Fan of the Season Holly Carter-Smith
(03-05-2023, 02:16 PM)Pompeyg100 Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-05-2023, 01:57 PM)TBP Wrote: [ -> ]Should the players have had a wild party before the end of the season, or did they know all along that the last game wouldn't matter?

It was arranged by the Eisners in case we still had a chance of reaching the play offs to ensure it was derailed.

How wild a party was it?

I don't know I wasn't there, but there appeared to be alcohol involved, so we can safely assume that the first half on Sunday will be a lacklustre affair.
(03-05-2023, 03:29 PM)TBP Wrote: [ -> ]

How wild a party was it?

I don't know I wasn't there, but there appeared to be alcohol involved, so we can safely assume that the first half on Sunday will be a lacklustre affair.

Have a word with yourself.   Are you seriously suggesting that a player can't have a pint on a Tuesday night when the next game is not until Sunday ?
(03-05-2023, 03:29 PM)TBP Wrote: [ -> ]

How wild a party was it?

Oh ok, so it might not have been a wild party then?
But how do we vote?
there is an email address, I know I voted via it.
I think it was on a Snooze report, might be somewhere on the OS

?

I'll see if i can find it
Taken from the News article.

To register your vote, please email sport@thenews.co.uk before 12pm on Thursday, May 4.