TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Silly season
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
(06-05-2023, 09:35 AM)Gerry Hatrick Wrote: [ -> ]Expect constant The News "stories" about:
 - a player no-one but the News thought we we were once "linked" with...is moving some place no-one but The News cares about.
 - the supposed transfer budget of another club in League One
 - a dull quote from a former PFC manager/player.
 - a rumour about Cowley being on some club's shortlist for manager
 -  exclusive interviews with its own staff reporters about their view of something Pompey-related
 - work on installing a new microwave oven in the kitchen at FP
 -  exclusive interviews with the cleaners

Plus loads of nostalgia pieces.

Have I missed anything?

The exclusives giving the FM23 and FIFA valuations of every player we're linked with, and how Twitter reacted to every player they've said we're after.
I shall be checking up on transfers infrequently but generally I'll switch off from the footy til late August.

Gigs to go to, garden to be tended, pub gardens to be savoured, marrying and honeymooning to enjoy. It'll be a busy summer
(09-05-2023, 09:31 PM)teeftwo Wrote: [ -> ]I shall be checking up on transfers infrequently but generally I'll switch off from the footy til late August.

Gigs to go to, garden to be tended, pub gardens to be savoured, marrying and honeymooning to enjoy. It'll be a busy summer

sounds like a good plan to me.
I'm for the cricket, both county and tests, garden too BBQs and grandchildren. 
All the better to come back to the new season ready to go again as a baldy manager once told us
(09-05-2023, 10:06 PM)Hammie Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-05-2023, 09:31 PM)teeftwo Wrote: [ -> ]I shall be checking up on transfers infrequently but generally I'll switch off from the footy til late August.

sounds like a good plan to me.
I'm for the cricket, both county and tests, garden too BBQs and grandchildren. 
All the better to come back to the new season ready to go again as a baldy manager once told us

Jim Smith? I’m guessing not Michael ‘Voldemort’ Appleton
Cookie said "we go again" in just about very interview, especially when we did not win.

I notice the "marrying and honeymooning" comes last in the list of things you're looking forward to this summer.
You noticed that, did you?

Wow, good job I didn't say order of priority or I'd really be getting judged.
(11-05-2023, 08:25 PM)Hammie Wrote: [ -> ]Cookie said "we go again" in just about very interview, especially when we did not win.

What he really meant was “Right, fuck off we’re done here”.
(12-05-2023, 07:01 AM)teeftwo Wrote: [ -> ]You noticed that, did you?

I hope he’s worth it.
(12-05-2023, 11:40 AM)oi oi saveloy Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-05-2023, 07:01 AM)teeftwo Wrote: [ -> ]You noticed that, did you?

I hope he’s worth it.

Have you thought of comedy writing for a career Savs?
(06-05-2023, 09:35 AM)Gerry Hatrick Wrote: [ -> ]Expect constant The News "stories" about:
 - a player no-one but the News thought we we were once "linked" with...is moving some place no-one but The News cares about.
 - the supposed transfer budget of another club in League One
 - a dull quote from a former PFC manager/player.
 - a rumour about Cowley being on some club's shortlist for manager
 -  exclusive interviews with its own staff reporters about their view of something Pompey-related
 - work on installing a new microwave oven in the kitchen at FP
 -  exclusive interviews with the cleaners

Plus loads of nostalgia pieces.

Have I missed anything?

Sillier and more desperate than anything on the above list...

https://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/footb...smouth-fc/

To save yourself reading this irrelevant pile of horse manure....
"Pompey critic Joey Barton in quit vow if he cant lead Bristol Rovers to the championship"
Pages: 1 2