TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Team Today
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Oluwayemi
Rafferty, Bernard, Towler, Ogilvie
Lane, Pack, Morrell, Lowery
Bishop, Jacobs

Subs:
Macey, Robertson, Thompson, Scarlett, Dale, Raggett, Pigott
Interesting. Looks like he wants to keep Jacobs but not Piggott. I don't have a problem with that.
Pigs isn't ours, can we get better for the fee & wages he would cost ?

Taking a final look at Jacobs in relation to new contract offer ?

Why no Mottoh on right Lane on left.

Not a fan of the two midget midfielders playing.
Ollie in goal, nice one. He's one of our own lalala
Mottoh is injured. TBH we don’t need Jacobs - sick note and too many off days. From friends of his that I know , I believe he’s thinking of going back to Mansfield.
100% keeper error. He's been an accident waiting to happen
Oh dear
Get in, Pack. Entertaining half, Pompey creating lots. Pack, Morrell and Lowery linking very well.
(07-05-2023, 11:31 AM)Rocketman Wrote: [ -> ]100% keeper error. He's been an accident waiting to happen

He made an error last time he was in 1st team-unfortunately not tall enough to dominate his area as well.   

I would get rid, sign Macey plus experienced no 2 like Asmir Begovic.
(07-05-2023, 11:52 AM)exterminator Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-05-2023, 11:31 AM)Rocketman Wrote: [ -> ]100% keeper error. He's been an accident waiting to happen

He made an error last time he was in 1st team-unfortubately not tall enough to dominate his area as well.   

That's a really good call.
Get the keeper off, he's a total embarrassment today.
You got your wish

He made an error last time he was in 1st team-unfortunately not tall enough to dominate his area as well.   

Maybe someone like Asmir Begovic but not Asmir Begovic since we can’t afford his current wages and I doubt he wants a massive pay cut. He’s currently contracted to Everton no way we can afford him
Great game
(07-05-2023, 12:32 PM)West Australian Portsmouth Fan Wrote: [ -> ]

Maybe someone like Asmir Begovic but not Asmir Begovic since we can’t afford his current wages and I doubt he wants a massive pay cut. He’s currently contracted to Everton no way we can afford him

His contract with Everton is up in the summer- at 36 he can't expect another PL contract - time to take a step down.  Also he is just about to start a young goalkeeper coaching school in Gosport. 
(07-05-2023, 12:46 PM)exterminator Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-05-2023, 12:32 PM)West Australian Portsmouth Fan Wrote: [ -> ]

His contract with Everton is up in the summer- at 36 he can't expect another PL contract - time to take a step down.  Also he is just about to start a young goalkeeper coaching school in Gosport. 

He’s worth trying to sign then. No harm in trying to sign him, I watched him train at Eastleigh just before we won the FA Cup. He had a cannon of shot on him when he was practicing taking penalties against Jamo
I don't want to be one of those "he's my mate" wankers but he would love to play for us again
Difficult to find anything to say about the game, but, with the 12pm kick off, I did get a chance to try the pies. The steak was jolly nice. I didn't catch the price, but I suspect I will be shocked when I see my bank statement.
(07-05-2023, 01:41 PM)TBP Wrote: [ -> ]Difficult to find anything to say about the game, but, with the 12pm kick off, I did get a chance to try the pies. The steak was jolly nice. I didn't catch the price, but I suspect I will be shocked when I see my bank statement.

One thing you could say about the game is Olawayemi didn’t do himself any favours before he was concussed and subbed off. I hope he’s ok anyway
Although this play it out from the back no matter what directive from the head coach has its perils so it’s not all the goalkeepers fault
(07-05-2023, 01:48 PM)West Australian Portsmouth Fan Wrote: [ -> ]Although this play it out from the back no matter what directive from the head coach has its perils so it’s not all the goalkeepers fault

How can it not be the goalkeepers fault when he cocks up a simple pass ? 

The first goal was his fault twice, both the pass out and then allowing the shot past him. 

The second goal was less his fault but there is no getting away that he was miles out of position and thus inviting the long range effort. 

His injury was also his fault for punching an easily catchable chest high shot, not only punching it but punching it to an opposition forward in a dangerous positon, and I suspect he then fouled the player in getting his injury but got away with not giving a penalty away because he was offside.  Need to see that again to be sure. 

All in all a nighmare game for him, and if he was given the chance to see if it worth offering him an extension to his expiring contract then he surely failed the audition.  I would get rid ... he is too short and a mistake waiting to happen however good a shot-stopper he is.
Well it is Olaweyemi’s fault but I think Mousinho wants us to play out from the back all the time so it’s sort of his fault too. If Olawayemi just hoofed it down field this wouldn’t have happened but I think he might be under instructions to play it short all the time. Don’t think I saw many hoofs down the pitch today anyway
I said Olawayemi looked dodgy months ago for what it’s worth. I said every time he parry’s the ball back into a waiting opponent’s path it causes me great concern or something along those lines because he was doing the same thing he did today back last time he played. Then people jumped to Olawayemi’s defence and told me he’s young and still learning his trade and will come good etc
Let's be objective, Josh isn't ready yet.
(07-05-2023, 01:46 PM)West Australian Portsmouth Fan Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-05-2023, 01:41 PM)TBP Wrote: [ -> ]Difficult to find anything to say about the game, but, with the 12pm kick off, I did get a chance to try the pies. The steak was jolly nice. I didn't catch the price, but I suspect I will be shocked when I see my bank statement.

One thing you could say about the game is Olawayemi didn’t do himself any favours before he was concussed and subbed off. I hope he’s ok anyway

He had a bad first game when he had a run earlier in the season. I wouldn't criticise him first game back. Perhaps the only point was why bother with him at all for one game.
Pages: 1 2