TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Player Ratings Today
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Only my 2nd game this season as I don't live locally now & thoroughly enjoyed the game & atmosphere.

Oluwayemi - 3 - at fault for both goals. Very bad positioning & handling. Felt sorry for him but Not Good enough.
Rafferty - 5 - Efficient good forward, tidy but average today.
Bernard - 8 - Really Good Game - Won all the high balls, good distribution. Try to keep.
Towler - 7 - Played well, broke up attacks, good dribble end of 2nd half.
Ogilvie - 7 - So unlucky Not to score especially from the first attempt.
Lane - 8 - Bright, pacy, great goal. Best move of the game - 3 passes then finish excellent!
Pack - 7 - High Energy, creative, well taken goal.
Morrell - 7 - Really made a nuisance of himself, got stuck in. Less verbals please.
Lowery - 7 - All action, skilfull on the ball. Harrassed the opposition.

Bishop - 6 - Quiet Game, ball control lacking, lots of effort needs a strike partner.
Jacobs - 7 - Still our best passer & Set piece expert. cross for pack goal.
Piggot - 6 - Looked really bright & livened up the game. Good touches.
Macey  - 6 - Composed the defence but No major saves.
Mousinho - 6 - Jury's still out on him for now. Subs made at right time but no option with Josh injury.

Wycombe - Looked really bright from the start & moved the ball around well. Should hav emade the playoffs & better than us.
Best players - Scowen - Top, skillfull player covered every blade of grass.
Wing - For that brilliant strike!
McCleary - Good pacy winger & Great finish for first goal.
Chanting got going a bit later on, so the crowd got their score above zero this week.
Whoever it was who said Morrell plays every game like every opposition player has shagged his missus still makes me laugh
(07-05-2023, 07:30 PM)mikey393 Wrote: [ -> ]Only my 2nd game this season as I don't live locally now & thoroughly enjoyed the game & atmosphere.

Oluwayemi - 3 - at fault for both goals. Very bad positioning & handling. Felt sorry for him but Not Good enough.
Bernard - 8 - Really Good Game - Won all the high balls, good distribution. Try to keep.
Lane - 8 - Bright, pacy, great goal. Best move of the game - 3 passes then finish excellent!
Morrell - 7 - Really made a nuisance of himself, got stuck in. Less verbals please.

Bishop - 6 - Quiet Game, ball control lacking, lots of effort needs a strike partner.
Mousinho - 6 - Jury's still out on him for now. Subs made at right time but no option with Josh injury.

Wycombe - Looked really bright from the start & moved the ball around well. Should hav emade the playoffs & better than us.
McCleary - Good pacy winger & Great finish for first

That’s just about how I saw it, Mikey.

I would just add that Bishop has struck me as mostly showing those sort of performances (with the odd brilliant goal thrown in  Smile ) and I wouldn’t have given him player of the season.

As for Morrell.. Big Grin
Oluwayemi - felt sorry for him, a disaster of a game.

However, One game does not define his season, and the manager rightly felt he had earned his appearance.

As I've said before, forwards etc can mess up all game and nothing permanent remembered , whereas Keepers errors are punished by defeats and drawn games.

Josh was not in bad company yesterday - Ask MANCHESTER UNITED -fans,

....... now who messed up for them ??
(08-05-2023, 08:32 AM)firqdays Wrote: [ -> ]Oluwayemi - felt sorry for him, a disaster of a game.

However, One game does not define his season, and the manager rightly felt he had earned his appearance.

As I've said before, forwards etc can mess up all game and nothing permanent  remembered , whereas Keepers errors are punished by defeats and drawn games.

Josh was not in bad company yesterday - Ask MANCHESTER UNITED -fans,

.......  now who messed up for them ??

Totally agree with you there. Glad he wasn't badly injured. I think the occasion got him. He just didn'yt look confident all game that said their keeper nearly made a big rick as well. I'm hoping he can recover from this but needs major help. Who is our goalkeeping coach?
(08-05-2023, 08:29 AM)Cunninglinguist Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-05-2023, 07:30 PM)mikey393 Wrote: [ -> ]Only my 2nd game this season as I don't live locally now & thoroughly enjoyed the game & atmosphere.

McCleary - Good pacy winger & Great finish for first

That’s just about how I saw it, Mikey.

I would just add that Bishop has struck me as mostly showing those sort of performances (with the odd brilliant goal thrown in  Smile ) and I wouldn’t have given him player of the season.

As for Morrell.. Big Grin

Thanks Cunni & I tried to be fair from my seat seat high in the North Stand. 
TBH I thought our tactics were pretty bad as well. 
Too much tippy tappy short passes bit like Arsenal but they can then convert into goals!
We needed to get to the byeline & get crosses into the box.
I don't think Bishop is a hold up striker more of running on to balls played in front of him.
Piggot can play that role & set up for Bishop but Not sure JM can see that until late in the game.

Not bad Mikey for someone who "never goes to games", "doesn't know what he's taling about" and is generally "ill-informed"  Big Grin
(08-05-2023, 01:29 PM)Gerry Hatrick Wrote: [ -> ]

Not bad Mikey for someone who "never goes to games", "doesn't know what he's taling about" and is generally "ill-informed"  Big Grin
Oh & you are the expert analyst then! I was there yesterday & gave what I thought was a pretty honest assessment from where I was seated. So let's see your ratings assuming you were at the game?
I don’t think he was having a pop at you, Mikey, rather, the reverse.

The former is my job!
(08-05-2023, 02:01 PM)Cunninglinguist Wrote: [ -> ]I don’t think he was having a pop at you, Mikey, rather, the reverse.

The former is my job!

Irony, eh? Some just think it's what gets creases out of your shirts.
I'll keep it slapstick in future.
(08-05-2023, 03:46 PM)Gerry Hatrick Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-05-2023, 02:01 PM)Cunninglinguist Wrote: [ -> ]I don’t think he was having a pop at you, Mikey, rather, the reverse.

The former is my job!

Irony, eh? Some just think it's what gets creases out of your shirts.
I'll keep it slapstick in future.

No offence taken & Nothing like Non- Iron shirts!