TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Initial target +2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Lase season finished 10th - this season finished 8th, therefore bare minimum target next term is a nailed on 6th place finish.

However ----- big breaths - what we need is to achieve that feat twice over to guarantee 2nd place.
Nothing but autos for me. Never been a fan of the play offs but that’s not surprising with our record. Shit or bust.
I wanna win it. Not interested in coming second best.
1st. Nothing less. We are a naval city. We don't do 2nd place!
(08-05-2023, 09:12 AM)Cunninglinguist Wrote: [ -> ]I wanna win it. Not interested in coming second best.

…and pass the scum on their way down the leagues…
We hardly ever go up other than as championeees
If we do have to do the play offs then I guess a different Wembley trophy might be nice.
A trophy for being third best
(08-05-2023, 12:25 PM)Cunninglinguist Wrote: [ -> ]A trophy for being third best

ridiculous innit, I'd abolish the whole fiasco
but there is too much money in it
As a fan the aim is 1st.

Can't see us getting anywhere near that. But we cant miss out on playffs for a 3rd season in a row... can we?
(08-05-2023, 11:04 AM)Hammie Wrote: [ -> ]We hardly ever go up other than as championeees
If we do have to do the play offs then I guess a different Wembley trophy might be nice.

1927, 1980 and 1987 come to mind, though, I accept 196?, 1983, 2003 and 2017.
If you aim for first and miss out, then 2nd is ok, 3rd not so much