TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Luton, Coventry and sunderland
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
All made championship play offs this year and were all recently league 1 sides!
Well done to them, it can be done
Winning is a habit and teams are built in cycles. Double hops are often seen. Jealous of Sunderland
Millwall of all teams choked and let Sunderland sneak in!!!
Sunderland definitely have the set up and fans for the prem, just rarely have a team to cope, then the fans can turn into a millstone round weak players collective necks. They don' seem to be very good at great escapes.
If Cook didn't go to Wigan I reckon he would have taken us up at the first attempt with that team he built for us
(11-05-2023, 07:50 PM)scumslayer Wrote: [ -> ]If Cook didn't go to Wigan I reckon he would have taken us up at the first attempt with that team he built for us

I've got a vague notion in the back of my head that it's something to do with a thing called ambition!
(11-05-2023, 07:50 PM)scumslayer Wrote: [ -> ]If Cook didn't go to Wigan I reckon he would have taken us up at the first attempt with that team he built for us

You maybe right, unfortunately we'll never know.
However, there are two points that come to mind.
Firstly, as I recall, the popular perception is that it was the players that got us over the line in the last dozen or so games not Cook.
Secondly, love him or hate him, he was a foul mouthed Scouse git and I wonder how comfortably that would have sat with our American friend.
Indeed. What may have been.