TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Dale has gone back
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
To Blackpool. 
A player who has skill but like alot of winger's, couldn't 'cross' a road properly
Infuriating alot of yhe time.
I wish him well in his last year at Blackpool except for the two games against us
Hope he stays well away from FP. He was pretty useless overall.
He was absolutely fucking pathetic. God loves a trier but Jesus Christ.
Presumably Pigott has returned to Ipswich too. Likely they will want to offload him as he’s not up to Championship standard. But isn’t that what we were saying about Chaplin before Pompey sold him?
Macey, Bernard, Dale, Pigott & Scarlett will all have gone back to their clubs.   

I'd happily sign Macey & Bernard if we could, and still think we could do a  lot worse than signing Pigott full time if he was cheap enough.
Has it actually been confirmed yet?

A loanee returning to their club at the end of their loan is a bit of a curveball.
(09-05-2023, 02:23 PM)DeepBlue Wrote: [ -> ]Macey, Bernard, Dale, Pigott & Scarlett will all have gone back to their clubs.   

I'd happily sign Macey & Bernard if we could, and still think we could do a  lot worse than signing Pigott full time if he was cheap enough.

I agree with you on Pigott, but only if the manager intends to use him properly. He was wasted under Cowley and even Mousinho doesn't see him as one of two strikers.
I think we can do better than Pigott for both roles ( 10 or a striker).
I'll believe that when I see it, decent strikers are hard to come by.
(09-05-2023, 05:22 PM)TBP Wrote: [ -> ]I'll believe that when I see it, decent strikers are hard to come by.

and we've tried an awful lot of lower league strikers in the last decade or so. 
Most cannot cope at Fratton Park. Whether that is the ground or us as a bunch of supporters.....
We have to do better than Pigott, if we want to go up.
(10-05-2023, 05:47 AM)Cunninglinguist Wrote: [ -> ]We have to do better than Pigott, if we want to go up.

If piggott started the same amount of games bishop did he would of got close to 20 goals
That’s just speculation
This is why we must retain Colby BISHOP and build from there - goal scorers are terribly hard to find.
(10-05-2023, 08:33 AM)Daniel Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-05-2023, 05:47 AM)Cunninglinguist Wrote: [ -> ]We have to do better than Pigott, if we want to go up.

If piggott started the same amount of games bishop did he would of got close to 20 goals

What possible evidence is there of that? His conversion rate is abysmal, compared to Bishop. 

He failed dismally at Ipswich and he has been nothing more than adequate for us. That’s the reason he hasn’t started many games. When he starts, he usually gets subbed…for a reason.

He offers something different but it isn’t Bishop’s goal scoring ability and it certainly isn’t pace!
(10-05-2023, 10:34 AM)Cunninglinguist Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-05-2023, 08:33 AM)Daniel Wrote: [ -> ]

What possible evidence is there of that? His conversion rate is abysmal, compared to Bishop. 

He failed dismally at Ipswich and he has been nothing more than adequate for us. That’s the reason he hasn’t started many games. When he starts, he usually gets subbed…for a reason.

He offers something different but it isn’t Bishop’s goal scoring ability and it certainly isn’t pace!

He is a proven 20 goal a season player at this level, there are not too many of them available.

He was never given a chance at Ipswich, and IMO has never been given enough minutes here.  Mousinho seems to rate him higher than Cowley did so with the right encouragement and opportunity he could yet prove a useful addition to the squad. I get why people think he & Bishop are not an ideal partnership due to the lack of pace, but at the very least he is a decent backup if Bishop ever got injured, and he is flexible in that he can play the no 10 role behind Bishop too.

The ideal would be 4 strikers on the books, if the other  two had some pace I'd be happy with Bishop & Pigott as two of them.
I still think there’s better out there. Sam Smith and Cole Stockton to name two and both are available out of contract.
(10-05-2023, 02:56 PM)bluetagagain Wrote: [ -> ]I still think there’s better out there. Sam Smith and Cole Stockton to name two and both are available out of contract.

I'd take Smith as our third striker - he would be a different sort of striker to what we have already got.  But I wouldn;t say he was better than Pigott.

But no to Stockton - he  looks like a one season wonder at Morecambe and was not even first choice all season this year. He is 29 and apart from his one brilliant season he averages worse than one goal every five games over 11 seasons. Not good enough IMO and no potential to improve at his age.
He's as proven a striker as Pigott, who has also only had one really decent season.
(10-05-2023, 03:31 PM)bluetagagain Wrote: [ -> ]He's as proven a striker as Pigott, who has also only had one really decent season.

Perhaps, but Pigott has a 15 goal season as well as his 20 goal season and a career average better than one every four games, and he has played at a higher level than Stockton. 

But more importantly we've seen him play for us and seen the job he can do, and on the whole that was a favourable impression IMO. He has on several occasions visibly improved the team when coming on.  He is an intelligent player and also said to be a very positive influence in the dressing room. 

I'd say he was good enough to be our 4th striker - we could do a lot worse.
Woz not was.
Bit like Woy
Pace has got to be an essential element in any new striker signing. Our poor away return this season once again was in a large part due to offering little counter attacking threat due to lack of pace up front. There's a need for speed. The Pig ain't the answer at all.
Did we actually score a single goal on the break this last season?
Or ping a long ball from the keeper over the top to do the same.
We seemed to like conceding both.