TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Realistic Wish List
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I can't help but feel Bishop is on his way...... So I think we should strike early.

And a player I would go for would be.....

Charlie Austin.

Any other freebies, as we all know that will be our market..... Lets add them to the list.
If signing a 34 year old scummer is the answer, I would suggest you are asking the wrong question.
(10-05-2023, 06:29 PM)DeepBlue Wrote: [ -> ]If signing a 34 year old scummer is the answer, I would suggest you are asking the wrong question.

He is 33, and I don't give a f*ck as long as he bangs in the goals..... Like he always has!.

We are in league f*cking one!.

Charlie Austin

9 Goals
20 Games
0.65 Goals per 90s
139 Mins Per Goal

Signed on 30th Dec

Career total     Games  500       Goals  239

He is far better then Alfie May or Cole Stockton.  Both one season wonders!.
34 before the window closes
So he is 33!.... What about Merson, Sheringham, Prosinecki, Kanu, Festa?...

Is he still scoring?...
I have one more thing to say on the matter.... What about David McGoldrick 35.... 36 in Nov!.

Career total Games 503 Goals 134

Charlie Austin is far better then McGoldrick!.
This thread belongs in the silly season thread lol
What about Merson, Sheringham, Prosinecki, Kanu, Festa?...

Not sure how well Charlie Austin sits in a list of world class internationals?
We sell bishop
McCauley Langstaff 1mill
Sam nombe 500k
Sam smith free
Alfie May free
Cole Stockton free

Sign one of the free agents and spend 1.5 on wingers and creative midfielder
Wow silly season has truly arrived.

I remain adamant that retaining BISHOP as a base line is sound policy; i.e - add to that standard.

The consequential talk about "him, he or they" coming in as replacements !! .... all unproven, and untested, and potentially wasted money.
(11-05-2023, 07:21 AM)The Realist Wrote: [ -> ]What about Merson, Sheringham, Prosinecki, Kanu, Festa?...

Not sure how well Charlie Austin sits in a list of world class internationals?

Festa didn’t play international football but the rest did
(11-05-2023, 09:06 AM)firqdays Wrote: [ -> ]Wow silly season has truly arrived.

I remain adamant that retaining BISHOP as a base line is sound policy; i.e - add to that standard.

The consequential talk about "him, he or they" coming in as replacements !! .... all unproven, and untested,  and potentially wasted money.

I agree but that said what would be an acceptable bid for Bishop? I’d say £2 million would be acceptable
The problem is that Bishop has a lot to do with if he stays or not. If he wants to go to champ then stopping him means we might have an unhappy striker who goes back to being a 10 goal a season striker and everyone saying we should have got rid of him when we could.

I don’t believe anyone at the club would want him to leave.
(11-05-2023, 12:52 PM)Pompeyg100 Wrote: [ -> ]The problem is that Bishop has a lot to do with if he stays or not.  If he wants to go to champ then stopping him means we might have an unhappy striker who goes back to being a 10 goal a season striker and everyone saying we should have got rid of him when we could.

If selling him meant we could bring in 4 top League one players that would drastically improve our squad I think we should sell 2.5-3million we could definitely build a promotion winning squad with that
Pick'n Mix -  Psychosis is often caused by alcohol or drug abuse - which is your poison?

You certainly don't make any rational suggestions - Scummer Austin ffs  Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
(11-05-2023, 02:05 PM)Daniel Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-05-2023, 12:52 PM)Pompeyg100 Wrote: [ -> ]The problem is that Bishop has a lot to do with if he stays or not.  If he wants to go to champ then stopping him means we might have an unhappy striker who goes back to being a 10 goal a season striker and everyone saying we should have got rid of him when we could.

If selling him meant we could bring in 4 top League one players that would drastically improve our squad I think we should sell 2.5-3million we could definitely build a promotion winning squad with that

It has taken us 2 years and £2M of fees to finally stumble upon a L1 striker who can score goals. To suggest it is a good idea to then sell this sole striker is rather high risk? We don't even have a back up striker. We have absolutely zero depth in this department, in addition to negligible goal scoring threat from midfield.

Selling Colby is the sure fire way to ensure we stay in L1 again next year.
(11-05-2023, 02:48 PM)Pedalo_menders Wrote: [ -> ]

It has taken us 2 years and £2M of fees to finally stumble upon a L1 striker who can score goals. To suggest it is a good idea to then sell this sole striker is rather high risk? We don't even have a back up striker. We have absolutely zero depth in this department, in addition to negligible goal scoring threat from midfield.

You obviously buy 2 strikers with some of colbys money. Look at strikers in the last year of contract that have scored goals at this level
(11-05-2023, 03:12 PM)Daniel Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-05-2023, 02:48 PM)Pedalo_menders Wrote: [ -> ]

You obviously buy 2 strikers with some of colbys money. Look at strikers in the last year of contract that have scored goals at this level

If we sell Colby, we have to get more than 20 extra goals back into the team for it to have been worthwhile. I think that is near on impossible, especially as Moose plays 1 up top.
Proof that Mix is a scummer on a windup, if ever it was needed
If you give me an option of a proven goal scorer, who has a scoring record of 1in2 at the level above and in the prem. Available on a free and we all know how deep our pockets are!. I would take him all day long over the other freebies.

Who would I like apart from Austin..... I would go after Aaron Collins, but we would be spending what ever we get if we do sell Bishop on him.

And all this talk about Macaulay Langstaff, he will also be heavy money.... And it will be a gamble. If it pays off you could well be in the money..... But at this point in time, I want out of this f*cking league.

And like Redknapp showed, You are better off going for the proven quality.... As much as he has worn that sh*t striped shirt...... He would be kissing our badge!.
Doesn’t Austin play in League 2???
(11-05-2023, 06:23 PM)dsmg Wrote: [ -> ]Doesn’t Austin play in League 2???

More importantly,  is scummer Austin prepared to share his intimate thoughts with Exturdcleaner while they enjoy an intimate jacuzzi session together at Roko?
(11-05-2023, 06:23 PM)dsmg Wrote: [ -> ]Doesn’t Austin play in League 2???

He is but he is out of contract, as he only signed till the summer.... After returning from Oz.

Look at our other options

We go back in for, Jevani Brown... No Thanks!.

Freebies
Cole Stockton
Alfie May
Matty Taylor
I wouldn't bother with any of them

Could be free depending on if they take up an extension offer
James Norwood..... I like him, a gritty little coont.

We try and get Pigott. I would be happy with that one also.
Out of contract in League 2. Irresistible really.