TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Season Tickets
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
(12-05-2023, 09:54 AM)BilltheCat Wrote: [ -> ]Club announcement:

2023/24 Season Tickets: On Sale Soon - News - Portsmouth (portsmouthfc.co.uk)

Tier One/Tier Overall a 9% increase. In Tier One that works out at a £10 increase. Hard to argue with that providing the Eisners cough up on the playing budget.
Does the season ticket cover all home cup games as well as the league? Obviously living where I do I have no idea about that
I’m guessing it covers all home games even the playoffs should we make it
ST's are for league games only,no cups and I'm 99.9% certain they don't cover play-off games either.
Yeah they aren’t able to cover cup games and playoffs for ST’s
Thanks for the info. Still it works out pretty good value for 23 home games a season. I worked it out to be roughly $37.50 a match in Australian dollars for the most expensive adult regular season ticket (£465) which is roughly the same price for the cheap seats at an Australian rules football game or a ticket in the national 20/20 cricket competition (the Big Bash League of which my team Perth Scorchers are the current champions and overall have won it 5 times since the competition started in 2011. Western Australia also won the Sheffield Shield this year which is the Aussie version of the county cricket championship and are overall the third most successful state despite only joining the competition in 1946)
(12-05-2023, 10:42 AM)blueandwight Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-05-2023, 09:54 AM)BilltheCat Wrote: [ -> ]Club announcement:

2023/24 Season Tickets: On Sale Soon - News - Portsmouth (portsmouthfc.co.uk)

Tier One/Tier Overall a 9% increase. In Tier One that works out at a £10 increase. Hard to argue with that providing the Eisners cough up on the playing budget.

Last year, my early bird FE ticket was £389. This year it's £414, an increase of £25. So long as they use it a bit more wisely I guess it won't matter.

I'd be interested to see how much a brand new season ticket is compared to the rest of the league.

STs never include playoffs or cup games - although obviously you get priority first (after Westwood until recently ofcourse)
ST prices are pretty decent still.
We have to pay when we can go and the prices are still pretty good, especially with the very good reductions for kids, teens and oldies.
I seem to recall it being quoted that the average price paid per seat was not far above a tenner when Cook was manager.
Reasonable, no complaints.
Can't get to the ground often enough to warrant a season ticket due to living in Kent and working alternate Saturdays - however the good news is for me which I hadn't realised until now is that having turned 65 last week, the matchday tickets ( I normally make about 12 games a season) drop in price!
(12-05-2023, 07:16 PM)Hermann's_no_hermit Wrote: [ -> ]Can't get to the ground often enough to warrant a season ticket due to living in Kent and working alternate Saturdays - however the good news is for me which I hadn't realised until now is that having turned 65 last week, the matchday tickets ( I normally make about 12 games a season) drop in price!

Same for me I hit the 65 last month. Question my mate who I go with hits 65 in July would he be eligible for OAP rate when he renews now as the season doesn’t actually start till August.
(13-05-2023, 08:14 AM)Bluebob Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-05-2023, 07:16 PM)Hermann's_no_hermit Wrote: [ -> ]Can't get to the ground often enough to warrant a season ticket due to living in Kent and working alternate Saturdays - however the good news is for me which I hadn't realised until now is that having turned 65 last week, the matchday tickets ( I normally make about 12 games a season) drop in price!

Same for me I hit the 65 last month. Question my mate who I go with hits 65 in July would he be eligible for OAP rate when he renews now as the season doesn’t actually start till August.

I would expect you have to be 65 when buying.
(13-05-2023, 08:26 AM)Pompeyg100 Wrote: [ -> ]

Yes that’s my thoughts. He could leave buying to after his birthday date but then risk losing his seat even though it is in the middle of 5 of us, which I am 100% he wouldn’t do that. If that is the case it would seem petty of the club if he cannot get the OAP rate.
(13-05-2023, 08:35 AM)Bluebob Wrote: [ -> ]

Yes that’s my thoughts. He could leave buying to after his birthday date but then risk losing his seat even though it is in the middle of 5 of us, which I am 100% he wouldn’t do that. If that is the case it would seem petty of the club if he cannot get the OAP rate.

It’s not petty at all, what is then the cut off? September? You’ll have my kid only turned 16 last week why can’t he have a kids ticket?

When he’s an OAP he’ll get OAP rates.
(13-05-2023, 09:00 AM)Pompeyg100 Wrote: [ -> ]

It’s not petty at all, what is then the cut off? September? You’ll have my kid only turned 16 last week why can’t he have a kids ticket?

The cut of simply would be when the ticket is valid from.
(13-05-2023, 09:08 AM)Bluebob Wrote: [ -> ]
(13-05-2023, 09:00 AM)Pompeyg100 Wrote: [ -> ]
(13-05-2023, 08:14 AM)Bluebob Wrote: [ -> ]Same for me I hit the 65 last month. Question my mate who I go with hits 65 in July would he be eligible for OAP rate when he renews now as the season doesn’t actually start till August.

The cut of simply would be when the ticket is valid from.

Well maybe but I expect the cut off is when you pay for it.

I was 65 in October( a few years back, I rang the club and explained this and was allowed to get my ( renewed) ST at the seniors price. It used to be 60 and every year I was always a year behind lol until it stopped at 65.
(13-05-2023, 10:29 AM)bluetagagain Wrote: [ -> ]

I was 65 in October( a few years back, I rang the club and explained this and was allowed to get my ( renewed) ST at the seniors price. It used to be 60 and every year I was always a year behind lol until it stopped at 65.

Well that’s bloody good of them.
The rule always used to be that you have to be 65 in the September of the season you are buying for. - and I havent heard about any change to that rule. 

It's certainly nothing to do with when you buy the ticket, more to do with when you will be watching the games. But obviously there has to be a cut off somewhere.
(13-05-2023, 03:22 PM)DeepBlue Wrote: [ -> ]The rule always used to be that you have to be 65 in the September of the season you are buying for. - and I havent heard about any change to that rule. 

It's certainly nothing to do with when you buy the ticket, more to do with when you will be watching the games. But obviously there has to be a cut off somewhere.

So if you 65 next April you get 65 year prices?!
Still fed up that those of us who started work at 16 are working longer so the current generation can put off doing a day's work until they are near on thirty.
(13-05-2023, 03:44 PM)Pompeyg100 Wrote: [ -> ]
(13-05-2023, 03:22 PM)DeepBlue Wrote: [ -> ]The rule always used to be that you have to be 65 in the September of the season you are buying for. - and I havent heard about any change to that rule. 

So if you 65 next April you get 65 year prices?!

No, read what I said.   You have to be 65 by September this year.
(13-05-2023, 03:45 PM)Hammie Wrote: [ -> ]Still fed up that those of us who started work at 16 are working longer so the current generation can put off doing a day's work until they are near on thirty.

What?
Why is it 65 and not 66?
Pages: 1 2 3