TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Plymouth won the league
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
With a budget of just £3.7m plus £400k in Jan bringing the grand total to £4.1m!
That's an amazing feat considering Ipswich used more than triple that!!
It shows what can be done.
I personally cannot stand Plymouth as a club but I certainly respect their achievements and model of getting there.
Here is hoping we finally have our Schumacher in Mousinho.
The early indications are that we have swapped our Danny Cowley for a cheaper, less experienced Danny Cowley but I'm trying to keep an open mind. Let's just hope we don't sign half of Oxfords squad this summer.
(13-05-2023, 11:02 AM)Theyak2 Wrote: [ -> ]With a budget of just £3.7m plus £400k in Jan bringing the grand total to £4.1m!
I personally cannot stand Plymouth as a club but I certainly respect their achievements and model of getting there.

Where did you get the figures from?
(13-05-2023, 11:31 AM)Pompeyg100 Wrote: [ -> ]
(13-05-2023, 11:02 AM)Theyak2 Wrote: [ -> ]With a budget of just £3.7m plus £400k in Jan bringing the grand total to £4.1m!

Also it was there loan signings that made 90% * of the difference,lets see how the cope next season.

*statistic not confirmed by anyone other than me
(13-05-2023, 11:31 AM)Pompeyg100 Wrote: [ -> ]

The source is Schumacher himself. 

They started the season with 3.7m and upped it to 4.1 in January.
https://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/footb...co-4141713

If our board provided that can you imagine the stick they would get from our fans.
Thanks. It’s strange because I thought the league could only be won by spending the most money, I read it on here all the time.

Didn’t we spend £700k on loans alone?
(14-05-2023, 06:03 PM)Pompeyg100 Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks. It’s strange because I thought the league could only be won by spending the most money, I read it on here all the time.

Relax Micheal, no one is calling you “cheap”. We all accept that it is not what you spend, it is, rather, how you spend it.

Ps. Next time you pop across the pond any chance you could get me ten pouches of Golden Virginia in the duty free shop. If you are a bit short, I can always give you the readies before you go. Cheers moosh.
(14-05-2023, 06:14 PM)Smirnoffexpress Wrote: [ -> ]
(14-05-2023, 06:03 PM)Pompeyg100 Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks. It’s strange because I thought the league could only be won by spending the most money, I read it on here all the time.

Relax Micheal, no one is calling you “cheap”. We all accept that it is not what you spend, it is, rather, how you spend it.

Ps. Next time you pop across the pond any chance you could get me ten pouches of Golden Virginia in the duty free shop. If you are a bit short, I can always give you the readies before you go. Cheers moosh.

“We all accept” expect this isn’t the case is it? Not even close. A minority seems to accept it.
(14-05-2023, 06:20 PM)Pompeyg100 Wrote: [ -> ]

“We all accept” expect this isn’t the case is it? Not even close. A minority seems to accept it.
It is not debatable. It is a fact.
(14-05-2023, 06:41 PM)Smirnoffexpress Wrote: [ -> ]
(14-05-2023, 06:20 PM)Pompeyg100 Wrote: [ -> ]

It is not debatable. It is a fact.

Have a word with your plane and banner friends then.