TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Tommy Leigh
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Tommy is back in the Town, I have just seen him walking along the seafront. He was at the coffee cup, by the golf course.

Maybe something and nothing, as I think he lived in Milton as a kid. He was always in the astro at Bransbury park.
Did you tell him about the jab?
(15-05-2023, 05:45 PM)Pompeyg100 Wrote: [ -> ]Did you tell him about the jab?

Next time I see him I will, just for you!.
Yes it's part of the genius Eisner business model. Train up youngsters. Release them for free. Buy them back 24 months later for £200k. Why don't all clubs do this?  Tongue
We need the linking team
Not sure why nowadays that requires such a massive set up with their own training pitch and all the rest.
(15-05-2023, 07:04 PM)Pedalo_menders Wrote: [ -> ]Yes it's part of the genius Eisner business model. Train up youngsters. Release them for free. Buy them back 24 months later for £200k. Why don't all clubs do this?  Tongue

I think Tommy was release before Mr Eisner arrived..

Not that I'm the biggest fan of theirs.
(15-05-2023, 07:04 PM)Pedalo_menders Wrote: [ -> ]Yes it's part of the genius Eisner business model. Train up youngsters. Release them for free. Buy them back 24 months later for £200k. Why don't all clubs do this?  Tongue

Yeah I saw Michael in his tracksuit down Roko deciding which 16 year olds to let go.

He left 7 years ago.

To be fair I’d go with that business model. 2 years of efl action before they are good enough for Portsmouth for only 200k that’s a bargain. Especially as the wages we would of had to pay would of been over the 200k mark
Agreed Daniel. It's Brentford's model and look where they are
(16-05-2023, 08:47 AM)scumslayer Wrote: [ -> ]Agreed Daniel. It's Brentford's model and look where they are

Is it ?  What players have they released as youngsters and re-signed later for 200k ?