TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: 15 years ago today.....
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
F.A. cup win. The years have flown by.
(17-05-2023, 01:10 PM)BabaOReally Wrote: [ -> ]F.A. cup win. The years have flown by.

Clucking bell, 15 years!!!!
And to think Yakubu is still only 28
Within days the souvenir tat had been released.
https://bellagiofootball.com/product/por...17th-2008/
Yakubu or Kanu?
Great day, never to be forgotten.
A fantastic day. A family group covering three generations and meeting and seeing so many that you know made it beyond special.
My memory was not enjoying the match as much as I wanted too because of the fact that we were favourites and should win.  But as soon as the final whistle went it was fantastic, and drinking in Covent Garden later and meeting Cardiff fans upset that they didn't win cheered me up no end. 

But the best bit was the next 12 months of being the cup holders ... I loved that feeling.
Desperate scummers going on the West Brom & Cardiff forums begging them to beat us.

Knowing that made it even sweeter when Sol lifted the cup.
Loved the Cup Final day, but it set up some even better days and nights home and away in Europe.
Long weekend to Wolfsburg was something I'll never forget
(19-05-2023, 10:53 AM)Pedalo_menders Wrote: [ -> ]Long weekend to Wolfsburg was something I'll never forget

Yes I enjoyed that one too Pedalo.
(19-05-2023, 10:53 AM)Pedalo_menders Wrote: [ -> ]Long weekend to Wolfsburg was something I'll never forget

Proper cold and messy - especially if you were on 'The Fox' Coach. Good times.
(17-05-2023, 01:10 PM)BabaOReally Wrote: [ -> ]F.A. cup win. The years have flown by.

Strangely, I've never watched the final back again. I remember it being incredibly boring to watch and Twitchy almost blowing it against a bang average Cardiff. Don't get me wrong, it was a great day. But for me, the best of the lot was watching Pompey beat Tottenham a few years later. Great day and I'll always remember it for the fact that I have never needed the piss so much in my entire life and when salvation eventually came it was Austin Powers like in its delivery. Great times.
Yes, very messy. I've still got my gluehwein mug knocking around somewhere!!
Guimarães for me was the trip that felt we were really in Europe. Wolfsburg was great too but it felt a bit like flying to Basingstoke for a decent bratwurst. Had some lovely wheat beer out there too. 
(18-05-2023, 08:29 PM)DeepBlue Wrote: [ -> ]My memory was not enjoying the match as much as I wanted too because of the fact that we were favourites and should win.  But as soon as the final whistle went it was fantastic, and drinking in Covent Garden later and meeting Cardiff fans upset that they didn't win cheered me up no end. 

But the best bit was the next 12 months of being the cup holders ... I loved that feeling.

Biggest cheer of the day was Linvoy lifting the cup.