TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Ronan curtis
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Do you think we should give him a new contract? 
Before his injury I was happy for him to go he has been part of 5 years of failure. 
Only think we should offer him one as it’s the right thing to do with his injury due to his length of service one year with the club being in control of a second if we want it. 

I’m 50-50 on this one though
I think he deserves at least another 12 mths especially as he got injured during our employment
On balance I think he deserves another chance.
Yes, deffo
Depends what he wants, he can’t expect improved terms when’s out until at least December.

I would imagine he takes up a big part of the wage bill too.
My personal opinion is that Ronan is an average L1 player. He has the odd good game but for the most part is pretty shit. Can't cross, can't pass, runs into dead ends 9/10 times, not very fast.

The thing is, Portsmouth FC needs to decide if they are also an average L1 team or not. Keeping him on for me would be to confirm our status as average L1 fodder.
(19-05-2023, 05:23 PM)Pedalo_menders Wrote: [ -> ]My personal opinion is that Ronan is an average L1 player. He has the odd good game but for the most part is pretty shit. Can't cross, can't pass, runs into dead ends 9/10 times, not very fast.

The thing is, Portsmouth FC needs to decide if they are also an average L1 team or not. Keeping him on for me would be to confirm our status as average L1 fodder.

We can’t let 5 year cloud any judgement.
No better then a squad player
If only he was as good as he thinks he is
(19-05-2023, 06:03 PM)Pompeyg100 Wrote: [ -> ]If only he was as good as he thinks he is

Recently he has only been an average lge 1 player, but in his first couple of years with us he was attracting championship clubs and getting picked regularly for Ireland. That player was plenty good enough for our promotion push next season so if he can return to that level then he would be a great asset. Given that the personal circumstances that led to his loss of form are now hopefully behind him, and the fact that under Mousinho he was beginning to improve again, I'd take a risk and extend his contract by a year.
Too slow off you go.
(19-05-2023, 08:03 PM)DeepBlue Wrote: [ -> ]
(19-05-2023, 06:03 PM)Pompeyg100 Wrote: [ -> ]If only he was as good as he thinks he is

Recently he has only been an average lge 1 player, but in his first couple of years with us he was attracting championship clubs and getting picked regularly for Ireland. That player was plenty good enough for our promotion push next season so if he can return to that level then he would be a great asset. Given that the personal circumstances that led to his loss of form are now hopefully behind him, and the fact that under Mousinho he was beginning to improve again, I'd take a risk and extend his contract by a year.

Not sure why you’ve replied to my sentence with that.

He’s still not as good as he thinks he is.
How good does he think he is?
(19-05-2023, 09:38 PM)scumslayer Wrote: [ -> ]How good does he think he is?

If you read his comments in the news today he says it himself he's a fans favourite.

Maybe that's why he gets so angry all the time? Because in his head he is Ronaldo but his play is more Ronald McDonald.

I'd agree with Deep that his first two seasons with us were good. He was a young exciting player on the up. Then it went severely down hill. He had potential to be a really good footballer but stopped improving and then got steadily worse.
When he saw Jamal lowe get sold is when his firm dropped. I think he though he would get his big move which never happened.
(19-05-2023, 09:38 PM)scumslayer Wrote: [ -> ]How good does he think he is?

He thinks he's fantastic moosh, a "fans favourite", why not go & ask some students what they think Curtis.

He is also quoting " it would be a wrench to leave PFC" on yer bike then, cos you ain't getting an improved offer until you can prove you are over the injury.
played in his position consistently he might just get back to how good he was earlier on.
Got to also remember we won’t have him available till Christmas. He will also bigger off the moment he is fit. The contract and deal has to be heavily weighted for our benefit not his.
He uses #RC11
Loyalty is a two way street. The boy is injured, he is our top scorer, he is still here when Lowe and co are not.

I hope we behave decently.

First two years he played like a hot knife through butter. Then we - and he - declined. He had some horrendous off the pitch stuff to deal with (been through that, full sympathy), we kept playing him out of position and there was the Astoria non-incident incident.

Played where he should be, I'd like a final hurrah from him. But I would challenge him to lean down, lose some of that bulk, and show he can regain his old pace which made him dangerous.

All the while driving his price up so we can get something for him. If we broke even on his fee and his wages, what a bit of business that would have been.
It is a shame that just as he was being played as first pick rather than behind a load of loanees who did burger all, he got injured.