TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Wages budget
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Wonder what it will be this coming season?
not as much as the Wigan players and fans do
It’s all about not wasting it
Wages & transfer budget more like. We'll have to pay for decent players. They may be a couple of players on a free though. Higher wages as well.
Bet we waste half the window and end up with a load of frees and loans. It's what we do.
(23-05-2023, 10:25 PM)scumslayer Wrote: [ -> ]Bet we waste half the window and end up with a load of frees and loans. It's what we do.

The quality of free agents this summer is easily good enough to build a promotion pushing team. But need to get it done fast
(23-05-2023, 10:25 PM)scumslayer Wrote: [ -> ]Bet we waste half the window and end up with a load of frees and loans. It's what we do.

People need to get past the perceived stigma of a player being a 'free'.  That is so meaningless since Bosman, which means it has been meaningless for nearly 30 years yet people still use the fact that a player was free for criticising clubs for signing them. Amazing.  

Any manager that does not try to maximise the potential of the out of contract market where you find the better players with ambition to move on is an idiot.
(24-05-2023, 04:27 AM)Daniel Wrote: [ -> ]

The quality of free agents this summer is easily good enough to build a promotion pushing team. But need to get it done fast

Not necessarily. We all want to see immediate action but sometimes patience pays off. 
Colby didn't sign until late July, Lowery and Morrell until August.
(24-05-2023, 09:10 AM)DeepBlue Wrote: [ -> ]

People need to get past the perceived stigma of a player being a 'free'.  That is so meaningless since Bosman, which means it has been meaningless for nearly 30 years yet people still use the fact that a player was free for criticising clubs for signing them. Amazing.  

Any manager that does not try to maximise the potential of the out of contract market where you find the better players with ambition to move on is an idiot.

Didn’t Ronaldo go on a free?
The reason people get frustrated with freebies is because if you are mostly signing free from L1 and 2 it is becase no-one wanted them. The good L1 and L2 players tend to get sold in the last year of their contract. 

That's not to say that, every freeby is shit; there are some good ones if you can snap them up quickly but the majority of them are free for a reason.
Don’t necessarily agree with that Pedalo, granted there’s probably a decent percentage that aren’t very good but a decent amount are players that either haven’t been able to agree new terms or have allowed their contracts to run down so they can try and command a better wage or terms with a new club.
Has the misery season started already?
Harry didn't pay a lot of transfer fees to build a fantastic promotion team.

Gonna be players about with more teams everyday being shown as running out of money

Wolves today
I honestly think Mason Mount would come to us, wages wouldn’t be too much, he can move in with his parents.
(24-05-2023, 08:39 PM)Pompeyg100 Wrote: [ -> ]I honestly think Mason Mount would come to us, wages wouldn’t be too much, he can move in with his parents.

or he might go to Liverpool for 150k a week
(24-05-2023, 06:50 PM)bluetagagain Wrote: [ -> ]Don’t necessarily agree with that Pedalo, granted there’s probably a decent percentage that aren’t very good but a decent amount are players that either haven’t been able to agree new terms or have allowed their contracts to run down so they can try and command a better wage or terms with a new club.

as we've found, keeping a player on a contract extension comes at a price, sometimes making that player more expensive than letting him go and picking up a free agent let go for the same reason elsewhere.
(24-05-2023, 08:39 PM)Pompeyg100 Wrote: [ -> ]I honestly think Mason Mount would come to us, wages wouldn’t be too much, he can move in with his parents.

Not sure what you're taking but that's totally Not going to happen. Can you honestly see him dropping down 2 divisions? His wages alone will put him out of our reach. You need to be more realistic.
(28-05-2023, 04:22 PM)mikey393 Wrote: [ -> ]

Not sure what you're taking but that's totally Not going to happen. Can you honestly see him dropping down 2 divisions? His wages alone will put him out of our reach. You need to be more realistic.

I was taking the piss out of posters like you Mikey.
(28-05-2023, 05:11 PM)Pompeyg100 Wrote: [ -> ]

I actually groaned when I saw the reply.

Never know with you! Sounds like you were desperate for a reaction. Maybe you could respond to your own posts!
(28-05-2023, 05:50 PM)mikey393 Wrote: [ -> ]

Never know with you! Sounds like you were desperate for a reaction. Maybe you could respond to your own posts!

I got the reaction from you Mikey.