TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Neil Allen lays into them
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Allen doesn't hold back......

Disgusting, no heart, no soul
And he's right, the starting line-up should be embarrassed to draw their pay this week!
have they been called in for an extra training session today or been pulled up in any way at all?
(07-03-2021, 01:20 PM)Hammie Wrote: [ -> ]have they been called in for an extra training session today or been pulled up in any way at all?

You must be joking, recovery day off today, 1.5hr maximum training session tomorrow, very light training session Tuesday morning. Match Tuesday night, recovery day off Wednesday, whatever the result !!
Give them all the day off Tuesday and play the reserves and kids. Anyone who was not on on the pitch first half yesterday will do. Except possibly Curtis who at least tried to put in a shift.
(07-03-2021, 01:27 PM)Hammie Wrote: [ -> ]Give them all the day off Tuesday and play the reserves and kids. Anyone who was not on  on the pitch first half yesterday will do. Except possibly Curtis who at least tried to put in a shift.

Just a thought.. not many people's fav player, but someone who seemed first on the team sheet last season... Ben Close. What's happened there? Could he do any worse? He is not tainted by recent events and might just have a point to prove.
Good call. He at least can keep the ball and pass to a blue shirt. But as he is not on loan, unlikely to get game.
(07-03-2021, 01:25 PM)exterminator Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-03-2021, 01:20 PM)Hammie Wrote: [ -> ]have they been called in for an extra training session today or been pulled up in any way at all?

You must be joking, recovery day off today, 1.5hr maximum training session tomorrow, very light training session Tuesday morning. Match Tuesday night, recovery day off Wednesday, whatever the result !!

Total piss take isnt it. No standards, no pride. Doesnt even get them in to do video work? Absolutely no interest or effort being put in.
(07-03-2021, 02:46 PM)Pedalo_menders Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-03-2021, 01:25 PM)exterminator Wrote: [ -> ]

Total piss take isnt it. No standards, no pride. Doesnt even get them in to do video work? Absolutely no interest or effort being put in.

Yes, been like that for all the time Jacksh!t has been manager, I have been a member at Roko since it opened, my job means I can go at random times when it is open.

I have never seen a training session last more than 90 mins, normally about 10.30 to 12.00, never any afternoon sessions where players work on their weaknesses and set play routines. The coaching and training regime is pathetic and that is only down to one man.......

"If you always do what you’ve always done, you’ll always get what you’ve always got"
I think Neil Allen has taken recent criticism about not asking the tough questions and pussyfooting around the club and is ramming it down a lot of people's throats to the point it's coming out their backsides. It's great to see. For the first time in I can't remember how long - probably the Fit and Proper protest - I felt represented
They've pushed him to the brink lol. If the soft and fuzzy plactable 'The News' journalists are saying what they are, you should have an inkling of how bad it was. Even if you are a relatively new soccer fan from across the pond.
Neil Allen was seething on Saturday and still is today, 48 hours later, by all accounts. Let them have both barrels and made little attempt to disguise his anger. Rightly so, he represented the feelings of most supporters after that appalling performance.
(08-03-2021, 04:07 PM)blueinbrum3 Wrote: [ -> ]Neil Allen was seething on Saturday and still is today, 48 hours later, by all accounts. Let them have both barrels and made little attempt to disguise his anger. Rightly so, he represented the feelings of most supporters after that appalling performance.

Good to know.
This quote from today's edition sums it all up for me:
'With Pompey coming up the home straight of the season, it's a concern that the manager is nowhere near to knowing or deciding what his best team is.'
In his video interview with Jackett on Saturday Allen drew him back to addressing the embarrassment and shame of the result while Jackett continued his banal usual - describe what we already know what happened, throw in 'frustrating' when things are bad and add 'disappointing' when things are terrible. He thinks that'll do.
Going right back to my very first game. The Sunday after, Peter Mellor was at Fratton park on his own kicking balls up and down the pitch as he felt his kicking was not good enough. Do any modern players do such a thing? I guess that's why they are down at this level.
(08-03-2021, 07:12 PM)Hammie Wrote: [ -> ]Going right back to my very first game. The Sunday after, Peter Mellor was at Fratton park on his own kicking balls up and down the pitch as he felt his kicking was not good enough. Do any modern players do such a thing? I guess that's why they are down at this level.

Hammie you're 100% right there. I knew Peter Mellor personally back then & he was a dedicated pro who was very self-critical of his keeping. A really nice guy & a true gent with time for the fans. 

Pompey training appears to be Non - existent & remember someone saying last season Clark used to do extra training on his own in the gym to be able to step up a grade.