TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Wigan
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Four more points deducted for failing to pay wages on time. Already starting the season on minus 8. A few more months of non-payment and they'll be down by Christmas.
Good. They gave it big when they were last in league one. Many people questioned how they could afford their signings then and the fans just rubbed it in!!
looking like there might be a snowball of these as the championship clubs especially are spending money they don't have.
Isn't there a rule where players become free to walk if not paid 3 months in a row?
Get jack back
Nothing has come up regarding staff again which should be today. They need to have a transfer ban put in place as well as more points.

Because usually they get brought and spunk loads of money on players for the cycle to just start up again next year
Reading on the beeb website says that two wigan directors have resigned due to no funds being avilable to pay players again!
sounds to me like their goose is cooked, notwithstanding owing the tax man as well ! bleak outlook going forward .
Looks like they are in the process of being brought.

I’d imagine the cycle will start again with new owners

Spend to much to get out of this league and then not pay the players again next season.
The league needs some sort of system to prevent that happening over and again, once more putting pressure on owners who run within a sensible budget, such as ours.
(05-06-2023, 04:37 PM)Hammie Wrote: [ -> ]The league needs some sort of system to prevent that happening over and again, once more putting pressure on owners who run within a sensible budget, such as ours.

The percentage of revenue limits that already exist should do just that.  If only they were strictly enforced and didn't have so many exclusions, like being newly relegated.
remove all parachute payments
Agreed. They aren't to protect the relegated. They are to protect the Premier League from being pulled down into sustainable levels of spend (or in other words stop all the overpaid superstars from fleeing to Spain).
They have been put under a transfer ban!
You would think we would have some sympathy. We have had our Al Fahim.

Nah fuck them.
" When will they ever learn - when will they ever learn ".
(09-06-2023, 08:11 AM)slayer Wrote: [ -> ]You would think we would have some sympathy. We have had our Al Fahim.

Nah fuck them.

Usually I would but they way they gloated with the players they signed and people asking how could they afford it. They just rubbed it in
There need to be rules in place to prevent owners ruining clubs with financials gambling
Set by the government if needs be.
The Champ is a basket case ready to disintegrate, for me the sooner, the go down like dominoes, the better.
Totally unenforceable. Football has zero sway over the Companies Act.
(09-06-2023, 07:08 PM)slayer Wrote: [ -> ]Totally unenforceable. Football has zero sway over the Companies Act.

but it could be, not in Europe now, parliament could do something if it wished.
(29-05-2023, 05:07 PM)Theyak2 Wrote: [ -> ]Get jack back

No to Jack back, Yak. If only because Peds thinks it’s a good idea too.

We can do better.

I’d love to see Clarke back but that ain’t happening either.
Clarke seems to be injured quite a bit.
(10-06-2023, 05:38 PM)stayinupforever Wrote: [ -> ]Clarke seems to be injured quite a bit.

I suppose that decrease’s the odds a bit.
Back to Wigan. Their getting promoted unaffordably really sums up all that is wrong with football finances. Until that model of running a club is prevented from all types of reward it's all a bit of a waste of time.
True Hammie, should not be allowed but look at what throwing money at a team can do (Man City, Newcastle).
True DSMG, but the money thrown at MC and Toon was money that existed. The money thrown at Wigan (and Pompey) was money that never did exist in reality.
Pages: 1 2