TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: This cheered me up
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Posted elsewhere....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KoKdC8_Lue0

It would be nice to have a team like this to support once more! 
Although missing out on goal difference would not be my preferred outcome for the season.
I loved Bally, what a great guy.
One of my favourite away days, but brought down to earth by hearing of events down the road at Bradford whilst we were enjoyng ourselves.
(04-06-2023, 10:17 AM)DeepBlue Wrote: [ -> ]One of my favourite away days, but brought down to earth by hearing of events down the road at Bradford whilst we were enjoyng ourselves.

Very much so. In a weird way it made missing out on promotion easier to take.
(04-06-2023, 10:35 AM)Hammie Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-06-2023, 10:17 AM)DeepBlue Wrote: [ -> ]One of my favourite away days, but brought down to earth by hearing of events down the road at Bradford whilst we were enjoyng ourselves.

Stood at the memorial outside Bradford’s ground in our Championship promotion year brought a tear to the eye.
(04-06-2023, 10:35 AM)Hammie Wrote: [ -> ]

It was the realisation that football actually means very little, in the face of what happened at Bradford.
Great game, great goal by Kevin O'Callaghan, leaving "big Sam Allardyce" in his wake BTW. Only spoilt by the rocks thrown at us by the Huddersfield lot at the end. (And the Braford fire of course).
(05-06-2023, 02:17 PM)Cleaver Greene Wrote: [ -> ]Great game, great goal by Kevin O'Callaghan, leaving "big Sam Allardyce" in his wake BTW. Only spoilt by the rocks thrown at us by the Huddersfield lot at the end. (And the Braford fire of course).

I must have been fairly close to you in the away stand. With the police hiding behind us fans as the half bricks started arriving.
(05-06-2023, 04:29 PM)Hammie Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-06-2023, 02:17 PM)Cleaver Greene Wrote: [ -> ]Great game, great goal by Kevin O'Callaghan, leaving "big Sam Allardyce" in his wake BTW. Only spoilt by the rocks thrown at us by the Huddersfield lot at the end. (And the Braford fire of course).

I must have been fairly close to you in the away stand. With the police hiding behind us fans as the half bricks started arriving.
Yep. And the old bill did nothing about it. They refused to let us out.
can you imagine the fuss these days!
Great side.

Some stupid points dropped to mediocre teams did for promotion. Losing at home to Charlton with Mike Flanagan (who must have been well into his thirties) and Wolves would be investigated these days. But they’d only find the empty bottles.