TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Michael Eisner interview
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
After watching this, I was rather encouraged by what he had to say:

https://www.portsmouthfc.co.uk/news/2023...interview/
Not sure if you are being sarcastic?

Not exactly the call to arms that would get us excited for the season ahead, is it? He basically says nothing. Not very inspirational and stumbles over the script.
I one thing I saw was someone that’s got old very quick since his last video.

Looks thin and struggling with getting his words out

I wonder if he’s been ill and that’s why he hasn’t been able to come over recently.

He is in his 80’s as well
Yep looks aged
OMG, Michael Eisner is getting older!!! Forget promotion!!!!!!

Can't see the problem with anything he said or the way he said it.
A lot of it is reiterating what he has said before about sustainability and promotion aims along with a clear commitment to the long-term.
During a long interview (over 20 minutes), he is pretty candid about the shortcomings of his tenure as owner - particularly regarding the academy - and what others see as 'struggling' to get the words out, I saw as hesistating before choosing his words carefully. With us lot to contend with, poring over every sylllable, wouldn't you?
Great interview and I struggle to see how anyone can find anything negative in that. Mind you, Peds is our resident, self confessed, misery guts and I applaud him for giving balance to the discussion.

A few little interesting nuggets of info in there. I am very intrigued by the plans for the north stand and I would be very interested to learn which other clubs they discounted before choosing us.
Throughout their ownership, they have been honest, delivered what they promised and always looked to the longer term good of the club rather than a short term popularity hit with fans who think money grows on trees.
Sounds like that is just what will continue and good for them for not seeing owning the club as a popularity contest.
Ageism!
incidentally, those mentioning pauses and the like, have you ever conducted online video chats?
I have to pause when I’m typing.

There are some on here who should do the same.
Wow, am I now excluded from this forum because I was born in the 1940's? Youth is not the pinnacle of knowledge. And the only certainty in life is that ALL of us - those who disparage age included - will get old ( hopefully) and will eventually die.

Moving on, for me he was honest and I think sincere. He was again pragmatic about where we are heading, ( albeit not fast enough for some) and importantly where we would be if the vast sums he has spent, had not occurred!

He is not going to shout out loud about extra (team) investment but it is hoped that we can catch teams cold this season and get out of this league. He is not cavalier about what might happen if we do reach the Championship - but not scared because of the dire situation of many Champ teams. He is first and last a very clever, and very experienced businessman.

Sorry, but I still back him, and we are lucky to have the ex CEO of Disney funding the club .
I've just watched it properly. Did he really look any older than before? Seemed just the same to me.
Indeed Hammie, or done many presentations - pauses ...... are a very useful tool in emphasising facts !!
Picked up that the academy comes before the north stand extension. Good, they're listening.
he acknowledged that he is learning about the set up. How many of us realised how the youth team system is so stitched up in favour of the prem before the last couple of years info?
Didn't they say a couple of years ago that they won't look at the North stand until we were in the prem?

My understanding is the next thing to do on the stadium is the new south stand roof and gantry.
(10-06-2023, 05:12 PM)Pedalo_menders Wrote: [ -> ]Didn't they say a couple of years ago that they won't look at the North stand until we were in the prem?

My understanding is the next thing to do on the stadium is the new south stand roof and gantry.

I think that is booked in for next summer.

As regards the north stand, they want better infrastructure. They probably don't understand that the only thing the council spends more money on is ticket collectors and residents parking for Southsea.
He doesn't look too bad for an octogenarian imo. How many people (men particularly) don't get that far?
(10-06-2023, 07:43 PM)Hammie Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-06-2023, 05:12 PM)Pedalo_menders Wrote: [ -> ]Didn't they say a couple of years ago that they won't look at the North stand until we were in the prem?

As regards the north stand, they want better infrastructure. They probably don't understand that the only thing the council spends more money on is ticket collectors and residents parking for Southsea.

We don’t need to build a bridge network rail or the council aren’t going to fund it and there is no reason we should either.

The easiest option is to close goldsmith ave for a hour after the final whistle.

Spurs shut lots of roads down after a match finishes and the have far more spectators going the. We would at 28k ish
(11-06-2023, 07:41 AM)Daniel Wrote: [ -> ]

We don’t need to build a bridge network rail or the council aren’t going to fund it and there is no reason we should either.

The easiest option is to close goldsmith ave for a hour after the final whistle.

Spurs shut lots of roads down after a match finishes and the have far more spectators going the. We would at 28k ish
And let free flowing traffic get away up the Eastern Road without having to stop at all the lights.
(11-06-2023, 09:43 AM)stayinupforever Wrote: [ -> ]

And let free flowing traffic get away up the Eastern Road without having to stop at all the lights.
It does seem incredible, with modern technology, not to have variable traffic light phasing to cover match days.
(11-06-2023, 10:26 AM)TBP Wrote: [ -> ]

It does seem incredible, with modern technology, not to have variable traffic light phasing to cover match days.

I also don’t really understand the benefit of a bridge. These options on here would be far easier.
(11-06-2023, 10:44 AM)Daniel Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-06-2023, 07:43 PM)Hammie Wrote: [ -> ]I think that is booked in for next summer.

I also don’t really understand the benefit of a bridge. These options on here would be far easier.

It’s a moot point about the bridge because it won’t get built, but the benefits are obvious. 

Everyone who uses the station to get home (lots of Pompey fans and, of course, opposition fans, wouldn’t need to go down Goldsmith Avenue at all.

It wouldn’t be much good to me because I go to the pub after the match.
(11-06-2023, 10:57 AM)exgaffer Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-06-2023, 10:44 AM)Daniel Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-06-2023, 07:41 AM)Daniel Wrote: [ -> ]We don’t need to build a bridge network rail or the council aren’t going to fund it and there is no reason we should either.

It’s a moot point about the bridge because it won’t get built, but the benefits are obvious. 

Everyone who uses the station to get home (lots of Pompey fans and, of course, opposition fans, wouldn’t need to go down Goldsmith Avenue at all.

It wouldn’t be much good to me because I go to the pub after the match.

It’s a lot of effort though for something that gets used by the club 20 times a year it’s just common sense shutting a road 20 times is a far more sensible option.
But not all spectators will be coming by road.

An increase in ground capacity is what is wanted but both rail and road use will increase too. The idea of a rail link, that is easier to use, may well be more attractive to many, compared to an increased use of an already overused road system. There is also a huge parking issue that would need to be addressed, should cars be the preferred method of transport.
Pages: 1 2