TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: D`Shon Bernard
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Today released by Man utd. Hopefully we will sign as a free when window opens on Wednesday.

Him and Towler look good together with Raggett as a back up.
(12-06-2023, 10:53 AM)Robsquad Wrote: [ -> ]Today released by Man utd. Hopefully we will sign as a free when window opens on Wednesday.

There is bound to be championship interest in him too, so it's dangerous to assume that he will come here. 

In our favour he seemed to like it here, but would that be enough in the face of bigger offers from elsewhere ?
Hopefully we set the ball rolling with him before he left us.
(12-06-2023, 11:26 AM)Santa release Claus Wrote: [ -> ]Can't see him getting into any Championship teams

First team football would seem less likely in the Championship.
(12-06-2023, 11:12 AM)DeepBlue Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-06-2023, 10:53 AM)Robsquad Wrote: [ -> ]Today released by Man utd. Hopefully we will sign as a free when window opens on Wednesday.

There is bound to be championship interest in him too, so it's dangerous to assume to assume that he will come here. 

In our favour he seemed to like it here, but would that be enough in the face of bigger offers from elsewhere ?

Whilst he's played a few games in the championship, I think he'd benefit from a spell in L1 first. He's certainly progressed in his short time with the club and clearly he's eager to start his career in earnest because he was pretty vocal about leaving Man Utd. He could easily made a living as one of those Man Utd U23 players that earn decent money without ever getting a realistic chance of a first team place. If it was last season, I'd say we'd get offer chicken feed and get outbid by Charlton but this year might be different?
He’d be good backup but I hope we get someone better.
(12-06-2023, 11:47 AM)TBP Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-06-2023, 11:26 AM)Santa release Claus Wrote: [ -> ]Can't see him getting into any Championship teams

First team football would seem less likely in the Championship.

He played 26 games for Hull in the championship, more than he has played in League 1.
Wasn't an automatic pick here so doubt he's in a hurry to come back
not first pick here either, depends if he wants to move south too.
If we do sign him,I reckon he'll be first pick next season
I don't think that pairing will get us up this season but they do have the potential to be fucking brilliant. Two actual ball playing CB's. I'd be happy with having them play together for the most of this year to prepare for a decent push next year.
Hull wanted to sign him but he got injured, he did very well for them in the Champ.
Just remember what you asked for when we have a ball playing defence that gives the ball away at key moments.
There is still room for a defender like Raggie, even if its just in winter games.
True Hammie, also he’s never injured
(13-06-2023, 09:18 PM)dsmg Wrote: [ -> ]True Hammie, also he’s never injured

Absolutely. May not be the most talented ball player, but he scores goals, runs through brick walls for us, and as you say he's almost never injured. The comsumate professional

Plymouth are looking for good free signings and he definitely qualify's as that.
I'm still hopeful we can get him into fratton on a permanent basis.
Would also give us the option to play a 3,5,2 if JM was interested in a plan 'B'
I don’t seem to rate him as highly as some on here. He looked very fragile, at times, coming out with the ball at his feet. A few misplaced passes put us back under pressure on occasions. I was actually more confident with Raggett in possession at the back.
Raggett has never let us down, he's just a bit sluggish for me.
If we use a smart contract I think we can get him.

Sign with us for a decent wage what ever that is. If we don’t get promoted this year there will be an optional for championship clubs can trigger a low release clause next summer 250k or something.
(17-06-2023, 12:23 PM)Santa release Claus Wrote: [ -> ]
(17-06-2023, 11:40 AM)Daniel Wrote: [ -> ]If we use a smart contract I think we can get him.

Sign with us for a decent wage what ever that is. If we don’t get promoted this year there will be an optional for championship clubs can trigger a low release clause next summer 250k or something.

And then if there's a bidding war teams will bid above £250k anyway so Bernard gets a higher cut  of the fee and looks more favourably on the deal. Or something.

He’s young enough for a year at league one would develop and improve his career. He will go to a lower championship team and have to battle relegation. Might get better wages but a year playing week in week out might be the better long game money wise