TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Going nowhere
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
"The Blues have decided to keep their under-fire boss at the helm, following yesterday’s disgraceful 4-1 embarrassment at Northampton.

The News understands the club’s board are remaining squarely behind the 59-year-old, in the wake of a result which goes down as one of the low points in the club’s modern history."
(07-03-2021, 12:30 PM)stayinupforever Wrote: [ -> ]"The Blues have decided to keep their under-fire boss at the helm, following yesterday’s disgraceful 4-1 embarrassment at Northampton.

The News understands the club’s board are remaining squarely behind the 59-year-old, in the wake of a result which goes down as one of the low points in the club’s modern history."

That’s almost more depressing than yesterday’s game. I am at the point where I would rather we fail and he goes at the end of the season than we somehow sneak promotion and he stays.
It is starting to feel like a plan to drive fans away rather than attract them in. The numbers paying for iplayer would be interesting, shame they are on Sky Tuesday as an obvious "boycott" will not be seen.
Shocking comment from Catlin and the club. They could put a temporary manager in for the next game or two and ask someone like Whitts (just an example) to take charge for the rest of the season. Whoever takes over is just going to have to deal with Jacketts car crash management, be it now or at the end of the season.

Pompey' executive management = NO BALLS !!!

Deebo

Well, two can play the fuck you game. Now the club has shown its opinion of the overwhelming wishes of the fans I'm going to show my opinion of the club. No more wasted iFollow tenners for me until this whole sorry mess has been sorted with the departure of this inept management team. Jackett's craven post match interview where he blamed everyone but himself for yesterday typified the club's arrogant and condescending attitude towards its supporters which is causing lasting damage.
Deebo - couldn’t agree more about the Jackett interview, he and Catlin just echo the Eisners distain for the Pompey supporters, we just supply the where with all i.e. the money to fulfil the Eisner’s dream of owning a football club primarily funded by the supporters ...called euphemistically ‘we only eat what we kill’ !

Sorry to say but after 75 years of supporting Pompey (well since season 1946/47) this regime will almost certainly be the straw that breaks this particular camels back ! I certainly wont walk into Fratton Park whilst Jackett is still manager !
I'd like to know the basis of that decision. Was it one of the following; a) Not wanting to dishonour a contract, b) Not wanting to spend any money on a temp replacement, c) Genuinely thinking we will pick up more points under Kenny than under another?

I would suggest that Saturday's first half wasn't just a bad day at the office or events conspiring against us. It appeared that the players aren't playing for KJ.

So how is backing the manager for the next 3 months only, going to change that situation?
They don't want to pay him off for some reason so we're stuck with him for now!
(07-03-2021, 10:39 PM)mikey393 Wrote: [ -> ]They don't want to pay him off for some reason so we're stuck with him for now!

Yup. However, the pitfall is that you calculate the cost based on Kenny's contract. The fact is that this amount has to be paid irrespective of who the manager is.

The additional cost is the 3 months salary of the NEW management team. Is this going to be more or less than what we are paying Kenny?

In ordinary years, the lost revenue at the gate would significantly impact when its financially worthwhile removing the manager. Kenny is dead lucky that fans arent in FP. 

I'd imagine that ifollow will soon start dwindling. I've had a season pass the last 2 years but didnt bother this year. Wonder how many others are giving up on the club at the moment.
I have lost faith in the board. The time to get next season right is now - get the new man in, give him 40 ish points to aim for (free hit at promotion) but more importantly give him 10-12 games to assess this squad, identify areas for signings and then are quick out of the blocks on the first day of the window, singing the players we want before anyone else does.

No, this board want to run the Jackett deal down, start a recruitment process afterwards. By that time we're in early to mid July and we're looking at frees and loans again, the new man has to wait until the season begins to see the squad up close for himself.

Fucking rank management.

They're not just toileting this season, they're sabotaging next season through their ineptitude as well.
That's the main issue for me I think. Not that they have given up on this season but they are jeopardising next by leaving changes until the summer. Start the process now no matter how this season then pans out.
(08-03-2021, 01:20 PM)scumslayer Wrote: [ -> ]I have lost faith in the board. The time to get next season right is now - get the new man in, give him 40 ish points to aim for (free hit at promotion) but more importantly give him 10-12 games to assess this squad, identify areas for signings and then are quick out of the blocks on the first day of the window, singing the players we want before anyone else does.

No, this board want to run the Jackett deal down, start a recruitment process afterwards. By that time we're in early to mid July and we're looking at frees and loans again, the new man has to wait until the season begins to see the squad up close for himself.

Fucking rank management.

They're not just toileting this season, they're sabotaging next season through their ineptitude as well.

Couldn’t agree more SS. Top post mate.