TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Terry Devlin signs
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This signing is a definite 'sit up and take notice' to the rest of the league.
He has been getting rave reviews and coveted by a number of clubs in the championship and league 1

A great piece of business by pompey staff.
Look forward to seeing the lad perform.
(15-06-2023, 08:23 AM)Theyak2 Wrote: [ -> ]This signing is a definite 'sit up and take notice' to the rest of the league.
He has been getting rave reviews and coveted by a number of clubs in the championship and league 1

A great piece of business by pompey staff.
Look forward to seeing the lad perform.

Who's he??
Probably one of the best up and coming young players coming out of NI at the moment. Made his senior debut at 17 in the Danske Premiership ( Northern Ireland’s senior league) , it’s about National League/ L2 standard. He can only improve and hopefully go on to be a great asset
I wonder if we see him as part of the first team squad immediately, or at 19  might perhaps send him out on loan somewhere ?
He is the same age as Harry Jewitt-White.
That's a great name he's got - sounds like something straight out of the early seventies.
Great signing if true, I’ll delay celebrating until it’s confirmed by Pompey though.
(15-06-2023, 10:15 AM)exgaffer Wrote: [ -> ]Great signing if true, I’ll delay celebrating until it’s confirmed by Pompey though.

Me too, the Devlin the detail at this stage…
(15-06-2023, 09:39 AM)Tufnell_Chimes Wrote: [ -> ]That's a great name he's got - sounds like something straight out of the early seventies.

Haha...The Eagle Has Landed...great film
Devlin was played by Donald Sutherland as an undercover IRA conspirator
It's confirmed. Let's hope he gives us that pace in midfield. As others I am a bit concerned about his scoring record.
IMO,I can’t see him shifting Pack or Morrell atm, however , I feel he’ll be in the squad and introduced gradually, it’s still a big step up for him and he’s only turned 19.
Mous says he can run, compete and score goals. He is an attacking midfielder who adds qualities to our group that we don't already have.
How tall is he? Hoping it starts with a 6, not a 5
(15-06-2023, 01:49 PM)Pedalo_menders Wrote: [ -> ]How tall is he? Hoping it starts with a 6, not a 5

176 cm which I make about 5ft 9ins
He’s deffo not 6 foot. Is more of a box to box midfielder rather than an attacker. Think Ben Thompson when he was here on loan.
Yes Tufnell, he really has a 1970s sounding name.
Terry Devlin could be:
1) A gangster from The Sweeny
2) A character from Minder
3) A stand up act on The Wheel Tappers And Social Club
4) A frontman for a Punk band
5) A co-presenter on Day By Day ( Google it)
6) An 'Enforcer' for Leeds or Chelsea in the 1970 FA Cup final

Let's hope he is as good as the Glentoran fans are saying.
Could be any of those, but I’d favour the Leeds enforcer, all round good guy until he runs out over that white line.
(15-06-2023, 05:57 PM)Chris37 Wrote: [ -> ]Yes Tufnell, he really has a 1970s sounding name.
Terry Devlin could be:
1) A gangster from The Sweeny
2) A character from Minder
3) A stand up act on The Wheel Tappers And Social Club
4) A frontman for a Punk band
5) A co-presenter on Day By Day ( Google it)
6) An 'Enforcer' for Leeds or Chelsea in the 1970 FA Cup final

Let's hope he is as good as the Glentoran fans are saying.

7) Bernadette's grandson
Deffo, just throw a balaclava on him. That would work.