TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Something to think about....
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Based on our transfer business to date with doubtless more to come I have a nasty feeling that we're going to have a number of Saturday postponements and a whole load of Tuesday night games...again!
But nothing like we’d have to experience if we ever, god forbid, reached the PL.
(15-06-2023, 11:25 PM)blueandwight Wrote: [ -> ]Based on our transfer business to date with doubtless more to come I have a nasty feeling that we're going to have a number of Saturday postponements and a whole load of Tuesday night games...again!

It’s better than the alternative though.

Always look on the bright side and all that.
Fancy Carlisle away on a Tuesday?
(15-06-2023, 11:25 PM)blueandwight Wrote: [ -> ]Based on our transfer business to date with doubtless more to come I have a nasty feeling that we're going to have a number of Saturday postponements and a whole load of Tuesday night games...again!

Apart from the goalie, none of the signings that we've made so far would walk straight into the team at present (unless there's a whole load of sales that is). It's good to strengthen the squad but so far the mis-firing regulars (Bishop excluded) that remain from last year are not going to get too sweaty at the moment.
It's too early to say that. Personally I believe that the young Terry Devlin will get an early tun that sees him become regular.
Morrell is bound to get sent off for something stupid and Pack will be out injured or suspended himself.
I am hoping for the Di Shon signing to go through but have a feeling that a championship side may sign him.
The business has been brisk and there is no reason yo believe it will not continue so.
That is impressive for once
(16-06-2023, 07:39 AM)stayinupforever Wrote: [ -> ]Fancy Carlisle away on a Tuesday?

Actually I do but I’d rather it was on a Saturday so more people had a chance to go up there.

I’d combine it with a few days up that way but obviously not everyone has that option.

It’s sad that football has sold its soul to tv but I don’t see what we can do about it.

I’d rather see the money taken out of the game and it being returned to its roots where teams got their talent locally and games were mainly on a Saturday. That won’t happen though, so we have to make the best we can of it.
Midweek football will be come the norm when the new tv deal kicks in next season ( not the up and coming one).
I understand about the Saturday postponements but for me, Tuesday nights under the floodlights have always been great games and atmospheres.
(17-06-2023, 08:42 AM)Theyak2 Wrote: [ -> ]I understand about the Saturday postponements but for me, Tuesday nights under the floodlights have always been great games and atmospheres.

But not ideal for driving long distances at night. Speaking as an old fart whose eyesight ain’t what it used to be.
I'm with you on that. Nonetheless. I love it at fratton under the lights. So many great memories
Back to the OP .... why are you worried based on signings so far ?  We haven't signed anyone being picked for international games other than possibly Devlin for NI U21's ? 

Scarlett & Griffiths are gone, so surely the chances are reduced ?
I love a Tuesday league game under the lights at Fratton.
and do remember that although some ST holders will moan, they can always get a fiver back and let some people who have to work Saturdays, warm their seat for them.

If there are to be more midweek games, then I'd even more like to see some of the early rounds of the midweek cups, played in league preseason in place of pointless friendlies.