TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Macey
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
According to Neil Allen we are unlikely to pursue Matt Macey, and Norris was signed as an alternative to him rather than an addition. 

Seems his pay rise for getting promoted to the premiership made things too complicated, along with Hibs having a sell-on clause. 

On paper the two keepers are very similar, just hope we have made the right choice.
(17-06-2023, 11:48 AM)DeepBlue Wrote: [ -> ]According to Neil Allen we are unlikely to pursue Matt Macey, and Norris was signed as an alternative to him rather than an addition. 

Seems his pay rise for getting promoted to the premiership made things too complicated, along with Hibs having a sell-on clause. 

On paper the two keepers are very similar, just hope we have made the right choice.

I always assumed that was the case tbh, couldn’t see a reason why we would sign both.
Prem wages would be a sticking point for most clubs.
I guess Macey gets an easy year on a bench, maybe a loan somewhere.
Wonder if Luton can actually afford all the pay rises written into their contracts? I know the TV money an the rest will help, but they will need to sign some prem players as well and its not as if they can make much from gate money.