TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Reading FC
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Points deduction likely. One more club and that will be relegation sorted for the season.
This, Wigan’s 8 point deduction, the teams that got promoted all should make it easier for us this season. The question is can we capitalise on the situation? Come on lads let’s do it, let’s go up!
(20-06-2023, 08:07 AM)West Australian Portsmouth Fan Wrote: [ -> ]This, Wigan’s 8 point deduction, the teams that got promoted all should make it easier for us this season. The question is can we capitalise on the situation? Come on lads let’s do it, let’s go up!

That season when we threw the Oxford playoff game was our opportunity. That season was poor. But I agree that this season is an opportunity if we have ambition other than to be the Bradford of league 1.
Makes Eisner's running of the club look even better.
(20-06-2023, 08:34 AM)Lawrence Wrote: [ -> ]
(20-06-2023, 08:07 AM)West Australian Portsmouth Fan Wrote: [ -> ]This, Wigan’s 8 point deduction, the teams that got promoted all should make it easier for us this season. The question is can we capitalise on the situation? Come on lads let’s do it, let’s go up!

That season when we threw the Oxford playoff game was our opportunity. That season was poor. But I agree that this season is an opportunity if we have ambition other than to be the Bradford of league 1.

losing on penalties is hardly 'throwing the game', unless you are suggesting McGeehan was instructed to hit his shot so it could be saved ?
(20-06-2023, 09:37 AM)DeepBlue Wrote: [ -> ]

losing on penalties is hardly 'throwing the game', unless you are suggesting McGeehan was instructed to hit his shot so it could be saved ?

Care to comment about the starting XI, tactics, or Harrissons performance(s)? Total bottlejob from start to finish. 
(20-06-2023, 09:47 AM)Pedalo_menders Wrote: [ -> ]
(20-06-2023, 09:37 AM)DeepBlue Wrote: [ -> ]

Care to comment about the starting XI, tactics, or Harrissons performance(s)? Total bottlejob from start to finish. 

I'd agree they froze on the day, were too scared of losing, and could have played much better. Harrison played quite well though apart from the unlucky own goal.  But still they were one penalty kick away from winning despite all that.   

But that is a million miles from 'throwing the game', that is an accusation of deliberately losing the game which is complete and utter bollocks and frankly an insult to the players professionalism.
The blame lays with Jackett and nobody else. His tactics ( or lack off), his players, his formation.
(20-06-2023, 10:50 AM)bluetagagain Wrote: [ -> ]The blame lays with Jackett and nobody else. His tactics ( or lack off), his players, his formation.

I didn't say they threw the game, but I do think that the eisners were terrified of promotion and thar jacketts selection for the game was clearly off. At no point in that second game did we look like wanting to win it - either off the pitch or on it. Add to the fact that there was never a hint of jackets losing his job afterwards and I think the eisners thought job done.

This season, apart from the novelty of the first season, is the first time I've picked up any idea the eisners give a feck about getting promoted.

Obviously I have no evidence and we've grown used to our players downing tools (Accrington home and Salford at Wembley for example) but I've always thought that there was something offf about them oxford games)
Yes 2 crazy decisions to leave Naylor on the bench for both Oxford games opting for Morris and McGeehan in midfield. I read an article much later, quoting Gareth Evans, the players then expected Naylor to be on his way out of the club. However when pre season started both Jackett and Naylor carried on as if nothing had happened. It was I agree all very strange. As for the Accrington game, The Legend wrote in a next season programme that yes the players did down tools, they knew they wouldn't go further than the playoff semifinals so they didnt trouble to beat Accy.
(20-06-2023, 01:11 PM)Northstander Wrote: [ -> ]Yes 2 crazy decisions to leave Naylor on the bench for both Oxford games opting for Morris and McGeehan in midfield. I read an article much later, quoting Gareth Evans, the players then expected Naylor to be on his way out of the club. However when pre season started both Jackett and Naylor carried on as if nothing had happened. It was I agree all very strange. As for the Accrington game, The Legend wrote in a next season programme that yes the players did down tools, they knew they wouldn't go further than the playoff semifinals so they didnt trouble to beat Accy.

Is there a source for your last sentence because thats akin to match fixing.
(20-06-2023, 12:29 PM)Lawrence Wrote: [ -> ]
(20-06-2023, 10:50 AM)bluetagagain Wrote: [ -> ]The blame lays with Jackett and nobody else. His tactics ( or lack off), his players, his formation.

I didn't say they threw the game, but I do think that the eisners were terrified of promotion and thar jacketts selection for the game was clearly off. At no point in that second game did we look like wanting to win it - either off the pitch or on it. Add to the fact that there was never a hint of jackets losing his job afterwards and I think the eisners thought job done.

This season, apart from the novelty of the first season, is the first time I've picked up any idea the eisners give a feck about getting promoted.

Obviously I have no evidence and we've grown used to our players downing tools (Accrington home and Salford at Wembley for example) but I've always thought that there was something offf about them oxford games)

So you did say we threw the game, and then said it again.

You have absolutely no evidence for such a libellous suggestion.
(20-06-2023, 02:29 PM)Ain’t got a Danny Wrote: [ -> ]
(20-06-2023, 01:11 PM)Northstander Wrote: [ -> ]Yes 2 crazy decisions to leave Naylor on the bench for both Oxford games opting for Morris and McGeehan in midfield. I read an article much later, quoting Gareth Evans, the players then expected Naylor to be on his way out of the club. However when pre season started both Jackett and Naylor carried on as if nothing had happened. It was I agree all very strange. As for the Accrington game, The Legend wrote in a next season programme that yes the players did down tools, they knew they wouldn't go further than the playoff semifinals so they didnt trouble to beat Accy.

It was in a programme early the next season.
(20-06-2023, 03:02 PM)Northstander Wrote: [ -> ]
(20-06-2023, 02:29 PM)Ain’t got a Danny Wrote: [ -> ]

It was in a programme early the next season.

I find that hard to believe from a professional footballer and if he even more surprised that the club would print that.
(20-06-2023, 02:43 PM)DeepBlue Wrote: [ -> ]
(20-06-2023, 12:29 PM)Lawrence Wrote: [ -> ]

So you did say we threw the game, and then said it again.

You have absolutely no evidence for such a libellous suggestion.

It’s the internet you dinlo.

From Henry Kissinger xx
The news are saying Theo Walcott is going to be signing for Reading?!!!!

Totally mental. Still, it'll give us a god chance to give him a nice scumming.
IF and it's a big IF- READING FC are still (even) speculating on players like WALCOTT then their current situation has failed to register .
All the daily’s have been reporting it.

They’ll have quite the forward line.
(04-07-2023, 03:58 PM)Pompeyg100 Wrote: [ -> ]All the daily’s have been reporting it.

Ha, Ha so 34 year old "Carthorse" Carroll & 34 year old "Scummer" Walcott are "quite a Forward line" 

Are you on drugs Pompeyg(ormless)100% or are you just a cupid stunt?
Neither of them have a clean bill of health with injuries.
Both will play 5 games and then miss the next 10!
(04-07-2023, 05:03 PM)exterminator Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-07-2023, 03:58 PM)Pompeyg100 Wrote: [ -> ]All the daily’s have been reporting it.

Ha, Ha so 34 year old "Carthorse" Carroll & 34 year old "Scummer" Walcott are "quite a Forward line" 

Are you on drugs Pompeyg(ormless)100% or are you just a cupid stunt?

Get back on the treadmill and discuss the Pompey physio team with Beryl you stupid coont.
(04-07-2023, 05:31 PM)Theyak2 Wrote: [ -> ]Neither of them have a clean bill of health with injuries.

Carroll played 30 games last season.
(04-07-2023, 05:43 PM)Pompeyg100 Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-07-2023, 05:31 PM)Theyak2 Wrote: [ -> ]Neither of them have a clean bill of health with injuries.

Carroll played 30 games last season.

Ha,Ha, pompeyg(ormless)100% talks sh!t  

"Carthorse Carroll" only lasted the full 90 mins in 13 of those games & came on as a sub in another 11 games.

He hadn't lasted the full 90 mins since the beginning of April ffs.... 
Nothing wrong with Walcott going there if he is going for peanuts. League 1 is his level
Deducted a point for non-payment of players.
Pages: 1 2