TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Hume wants out
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Classic The News story. Clearly we wouldn’t be able to get the money we paid for someone who not only hasn’t lived up to the price tag but we have said he can go.

I haven't fully read the article though, I just scan their articles for quotes.
Personally do not understand why the News has to quote that he has been a flop. He was kept out of the team for any chance of a run due to the performance of Ogilvie.
bad signing for a particular role that we then did not use, not his fault.
Crosses the ball better than most. Not hard, that though.
(20-06-2023, 08:07 PM)Hammie Wrote: [ -> ]bad signing for a particular role that we then did not use, not his fault.

Hard to believe there was no other role for him. This appears to be a management problem through and through.
Wants to be a wing back and wants to play every week. Won't get either here now
(21-06-2023, 05:26 AM)TBP Wrote: [ -> ]
(20-06-2023, 08:07 PM)Hammie Wrote: [ -> ]bad signing for a particular role that we then did not use, not his fault.

Hard to believe there was no other role for him. This appears to be a management problem through and through.

He made 20 apprearances last season, and 9 in his half season the year before. 

That suggests the problem is very much with him having failed to make a good enough impression in those games, I can only remember being impressed with him on a couple of occasions. 

He was probably unlucky that Ogilvie was ahead of him and has been such a good player for us, but it is clearly best for all parties if he moves on now.
And if Ogilvie gets injured?
(21-06-2023, 04:14 PM)Cunninglinguist Wrote: [ -> ]And if Ogilvie gets injured?
Hume will be replaced if sold, and we also have Vincent who I reckon is a fantastic prospect.

You know the transfer window is open right? We can replace players that leave.
Don't tell me the News has got it wrong again...........
https://www.portsmouthfc.co.uk/news/2022...e-signing/

Edit.. Shit, I got old news doh!!!
Not a very good signing. I wonder who put the pressure on to sign him as even at the time a lot thought it was a bot odd signing yet another sick note.

We need to cut our losses on him. He was never available a d wheb he was, he didnt make the squad so its not like we'll be any worse off on match day with him gone.
(21-06-2023, 06:37 PM)Pedalo_menders Wrote: [ -> ]Not a very good signing. I wonder who put the pressure on to sign him as even at the time a lot thought it was a bot odd signing yet another sick note.

We need to cut our losses on him. He was never available a d wheb he was, he didnt make the squad so its not like we'll be any worse off on match day with him gone.

Can’t remember who signed him, was it Donny Cawley or someone?
(21-06-2023, 05:37 PM)Pompeyg100 Wrote: [ -> ]

You know the transfer window is open right? We can replace players that leave.

I think Deep beat you to that one.
All quiet on the Denver front. Any ITK?
It's all quiet on him I agree
All quiet on Mingi too. Have to laugh at his idiotic agent talking him up. He may end up coming back if no-one offers him a contract, given we are now missing Lowery for the long term.
(17-08-2023, 11:11 AM)Pedalo_menders Wrote: [ -> ]All quiet on Mingi too. Have to laugh at his idiotic agent talking him up. He may end up coming back if no-one offers him a contract, given we are now missing Lowery for the long term.

I wouldn't have him back even at a cut price. Clearly doesn't want to be here.
(17-08-2023, 11:34 AM)HreidarssonHeaders Wrote: [ -> ]
(17-08-2023, 11:11 AM)Pedalo_menders Wrote: [ -> ]All quiet on Mingi too. Have to laugh at his idiotic agent talking him up. He may end up coming back if no-one offers him a contract, given we are now missing Lowery for the long term.

I wouldn't have him back even at a cut price. Clearly doesn't want to be here.

Indeed. Some very uncomplimentary unofficial stories about his attitude, too. I wonder what happens if he does accept the contract though. Presumably we have to accept it? How does the expiry of the offer work?
His contract offer has expired. He’s got nothing to do with Pompey, same as Curtis, they’re both free agents.
If Ogilvie gets injured, we have Sparkes and Swanson who can fill in at Left Back. Vincent is only on a 1 month loan as well. No need to go rushing to sign a left back.
I wouldn't mind another midfielder to cover for Lowery though.
(17-08-2023, 01:08 PM)tl73 Wrote: [ -> ]If Ogilvie gets injured, we have Sparkes and Swanson who can fill in at Left Back. Vincent is only on a 1 month loan as well. No need to go rushing to sign a left back.
I wouldn't mind another midfielder to cover for Lowery though.

Presumably we could recall Harry Jewitt-White if needed.
Is that correct tag? I didn't think Hume was out of contract. I thought we had a year on him and we're trying to sell in the region of 200k
Sorry Slayer, a bit of confusion, I was on about Mingi & Curtis not Hume ( who is under contract).
Pages: 1 2 3