TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Pompey sign Ben Stevenson
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
One of the biggest deficiencies last season was lack of goals from midfield. Don't see that changing on the basis of what we have recruited so far. Needs to be still be addressed.
We have Paddy Lane, fresh for the challenge and now we’ve signed Scully. Loads of goals from both of those.
I wouldn’t hold my breath on Lane banging in loads , however, I am hoping he provides lots of assists.
(26-06-2023, 01:27 PM)bluetagagain Wrote: [ -> ]I wouldn’t hold my breath on Lane banging in loads , however, I am hoping he provides lots of assists.

With one for the most efficient goalscorers in the division, loads of assists will do very nicely.
(26-06-2023, 01:27 PM)bluetagagain Wrote: [ -> ]I wouldn’t hold my breath on Lane banging in loads , however, I am hoping he provides lots of assists.

He’ll get more than Dale and if he gets the same number of chances, then a lot more.
(25-06-2023, 08:25 AM)DeepBlue Wrote: [ -> ]
(24-06-2023, 09:09 PM)mikey393 Wrote: [ -> ]
(21-06-2023, 09:41 PM)Pedalo_menders Wrote: [ -> ]
(21-06-2023, 08:57 PM)DeepBlue Wrote: [ -> ]He sounds ike decent enough cover. You have to sign a squad not just a first team.

I will counter that with the following:

Our starting XI is not good enough. If we genuinely want to be promoted, we should be signing players to replace the starter, and the starter then becomes the squad player. Signing someone as back up is not a good idea if you want to improve. 

Let's hope this chap from the worst team in the league last season is a real gem. Some very odd signings coming in so far.

Spot on Pedalo! None of our 6 signings to date sound anything special. All on frees & No doubt very low wages.  RH has got bodies in but can't see the quality yet. Bearing in mind ME has stated there's an increased playing budget.

Hopefully they're negotiating for some higher quality but having to wait as other clubs are interested. The friendly v Bristol City could give us some clues.

They've not all been on frees.

We've paid fees for three of the six signed so far.  And why would the three coming down from the championship and premiership be on very low wages ?
Apologies Deep My fault. I didn't see any fees mentioned anywhere. How much did we pay for each of the 3 you mentioned?
90K for Devlin and the other 2 are listed as undisclosed
(26-06-2023, 09:23 PM)mikey393 Wrote: [ -> ]
(25-06-2023, 08:25 AM)DeepBlue Wrote: [ -> ]
(24-06-2023, 09:09 PM)mikey393 Wrote: [ -> ]
(21-06-2023, 09:41 PM)Pedalo_menders Wrote: [ -> ]
(21-06-2023, 08:57 PM)DeepBlue Wrote: [ -> ]He sounds ike decent enough cover. You have to sign a squad not just a first team.

I will counter that with the following:

Our starting XI is not good enough. If we genuinely want to be promoted, we should be signing players to replace the starter, and the starter then becomes the squad player. Signing someone as back up is not a good idea if you want to improve. 

Let's hope this chap from the worst team in the league last season is a real gem. Some very odd signings coming in so far.

Spot on Pedalo! None of our 6 signings to date sound anything special. All on frees & No doubt very low wages.  RH has got bodies in but can't see the quality yet. Bearing in mind ME has stated there's an increased playing budget.

Hopefully they're negotiating for some higher quality but having to wait as other clubs are interested. The friendly v Bristol City could give us some clues.

They've not all been on frees.

We've paid fees for three of the six signed so far.  And why would the three coming down from the championship and premiership be on very low wages ?
Apologies Deep My fault. I didn't see any fees mentioned anywhere. How much did we pay for each of the 3 you mentioned?

Point to me an article or thread announcing a new signing where the terms of the signing isn’t mentioned.
Why would they be on low wages??? I always understood we overpaid for the crap we’ve had.
Pages: 1 2