TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Predictions for New Season
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I'm feeling quite confident. Under Mousinho we had a decent set of results last season. None of the relegated or promoted teams look capable of a sustained promotion push.

So, I reckon Pompey will finish in the top 4. Maybe in an automatic promotion spot, maybe in the play-offs?

In no particular order, my prediction for the top 6 includes:

Derby
Barnsley
Bolton
Pompey
Peterborough
One out of Oxford, Charlton, Blackpool and Wycombe
I think we'll finally click as a team and will grab one of the automatic promotion spots.

This season we seem to be preparing a much deeper pool of talent to cover for the inevitable injuries.
With a goal scoring No10 and another goal scoring wide player to come I’m expecting promotion, either directly ( preferably) or through the playoffs.
A bit early for predictions as the squad isn't finalised. But reading the drip fed information as it comes out: we are after 3 more players. One of those is going to be a keeper. So 2 more outfield players. They will need to be fucking phenomenal for us to become top 6.
(27-06-2023, 12:05 PM)Pedalo_menders Wrote: [ -> ]A bit early for predictions as the squad isn't finalised. But reading the drip fed information as it comes out: we are after 3 more players. One of those is going to be a keeper. So 2 more outfield players. They will need to be fucking phenomenal for us to become top 6.

Agreed. Also would hate to see us lose Bishop and/or Morell on the last day of the t/w and be unable to find good enough replacements.
I've no idea how good the new players are, but, if Mousinho can get them playing as a team, the outcome will be far better than last season. That, after all, was the biggest criticism. They only rarely played as a team. Hopefully, that has been included in their recruitment assessments, i.e. will the team work as a whole.
Four of the stronger teams (Sunderland, Ipswich, Plymouth and Sheffield Wednesday) have got promoted leaving several teams a little less strong including ourselves.
Probably our best opportunity for promotion this season. My prediction is we'll finish 2nd.
I predict we will go up
Bottom, lowest ever points tally. The owner has signed rubbish and is now totally reliant on JM to manage the team.

That’s what Mikey told me.

I think we’ll finish 5th.
Playoffs
Tenth ffs
6th, win play-offs at Wembley. Yay
we already had a decent team but lacking chance creators out wide.
We seem to have addressed that pretty much.
Provided the keeper is as good as Macey we will still have a decent defence.
So at least play offs
Beyond that we need a bit more luck with injuries than last season, and have off loaded most of the sick notes.
(27-06-2023, 04:16 PM)Pompeyg100 Wrote: [ -> ]Bottom, lowest ever points tally. The owner has signed rubbish and is now totally reliant on JM to manage the team.

Over exaggerating again G100! 

For me best is the playoffs at present unless we sign a couple of better players including a good No. 10.
(27-06-2023, 09:36 PM)mikey393 Wrote: [ -> ]
(27-06-2023, 04:16 PM)Pompeyg100 Wrote: [ -> ]Bottom, lowest ever points tally. The owner has signed rubbish and is now totally reliant on JM to manage the team.

For me best is the playoffs at present unless we sign a couple of better players including a good No. 10.

I think it was spot on Mikey.

Good job you know fuck all about the players we’ve signed.
I agree with PG100
5th..
Sign a couple of championship standard players and I'll think again
Whyte looks as though he is coming. That's a step in the right direction
Promoted as Champions Big Grin
(27-06-2023, 10:17 PM)Pompeyg100 Wrote: [ -> ]

Probably as much as you!
The league is pretty weak this season, with stronger teams gone and the relegated teams in the shit. 

We've got to be top 6 at least.
(28-06-2023, 08:41 PM)mikey393 Wrote: [ -> ]

Probably as much as you!

How many did we sign on a free Mikey? All of them? You don’t even watch Pompey do doubt you watch anyone else.
(29-06-2023, 07:12 AM)Pompeyg100 Wrote: [ -> ]

Probably as much as you!

How many did we sign on a free Mikey? All of them? You don’t even watch Pompey do doubt you watch anyone else.
Paid money for three players so far Saydee, Scully and Devlin. New potential signing from A League Yengi £80K, Whyte is on a free from Cardiff. Quiz to test your football encyclopedic knowledge here:https://the72.co.uk/snack-quiz/quiz-15-pub-quiz-questions-on-the-efl. Expect you to get 15/15.
(01-07-2023, 03:56 PM)mikey393 Wrote: [ -> ]
(27-06-2023, 09:36 PM)mikey393 Wrote: [ -> ]Over exaggerating again G100! 

Probably as much as you!

Paid money for three players so far Saydee, Scully and Devlin. New potential signing from A League Yengi £80K, Whyte is on a free from Cardiff. Quiz to test your football encyclopedic knowledge here:https://the72.co.uk/snack-quiz/quiz-15-pub-quiz-questions-on-the-efl. Expect you to get 15/15.

Lol a copy and paste because you claimed before they were all free.
They landed Whyte. Another signing like that, I.e Bernard and we will fight for promotion
With the team as it currently stands, I think we'll be in and around the playoffs (anywhere from 4th to 8th). A decent backup striker may push the team higher and another centre back would help as well. It would be nice to have decent backup as cover for Norris.

I would like to see how Mnoga, Vincent and Jewitt-White perform in the preseason games before making a call on adding any more than 2-3 players. Hopefully someone buys Hume soon.
(01-07-2023, 04:44 PM)Pompeyg100 Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-07-2023, 03:56 PM)mikey393 Wrote: [ -> ]
(27-06-2023, 10:17 PM)Pompeyg100 Wrote: [ -> ]I think it was spot on Mikey.

Probably as much as you!

Lol a copy and paste because you claimed before they were all free.
Have you always been a fucking bully?
Pages: 1 2 3