TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Promotion via AI
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Over the past few days I have been asking AI to help get us promoted.

The much vaunted ChatGPT had no access to data since 2021 so instead of recommended signings, came up with an overall strategy that involved:
- investing in an extensive scouting network
- sign players with a track record of leadership and success
- focus on nurturing and developing young talent through an academy (there's an idea)

Okay, so no surprises there. 
Then I turned to Bing - Microsoft's AI bot - which has the advantage of having access to current data.
Having analysed our performance last year it concluded our problem was a balance between goals scored and conceded (der) and to rectify this, we should sign the following:

Ryan Cassidy, striker from non-league Hayes and Yeading United
Tommy Doyle, midfielder from Man City 
Nathan Collins, defender from Wolves 

It went on to recommend the following as first choice in a 442 (there was no mention whether it had run this suggested formation past Joey Barton first):

Norris
Swanson - Collins  - Raggett - Ogilvie
Devlin  -  Doyle  - Morrell  - Lowery
Bishop  - Cassidy

So job done (just the small matter of a few extra million required to secure Collins and Doyle). 

I hope that Hughes and Mousinho thank me next May.
Why not use AI to design 11 fantastic footballers and use a 3D printer to manufacture them?
Definitely be champions in May.
(28-06-2023, 08:52 AM)stayinupforever Wrote: [ -> ]Why not use AI to design 11 fantastic footballers and use a 3D printer to manufacture them?
Definitely be champions in May.

Would prefer to have the computer from weird science
Hope Scummers don't hear about this wiz-bang idea, as maybe it would help them sell a few more season tickets !
(28-06-2023, 08:48 AM)Gerry Hatrick Wrote: [ -> ]Over the past few days I have been asking AI to help get us promoted.

The much vaunted ChatGPT had no access to data since 2021 so instead of recommended signings, came up with an overall strategy that involved:
- investing in an extensive scouting network
- sign players with a track record of leadership and success
- focus on nurturing and developing young talent through an academy (there's an idea)

Okay, so no surprises there. 
Then I turned to Bing - Microsoft's AI bot - which has the advantage of having access to current data.
Having analysed our performance last year it concluded our problem was a balance between goals scored and conceded (der) and to rectify this, we should sign the following:

Ryan Cassidy, striker from non-league Hayes and Yeading United
Tommy Doyle, midfielder from Man City 
Nathan Collins, defender from Wolves 

It went on to recommend the following as first choice in a 442 (there was no mention whether it had run this suggested formation past Joey Barton first):

Norris
Swanson - Collins  - Raggett - Ogilvie
Devlin  -  Doyle  - Morrell  - Lowery
Bishop  - Cassidy

So job done (just the small matter of a few extra million required to secure Collins and Doyle). 

I hope that Hughes and Mousinho thank me next May.

Devlin and Lowery on the wings? I'm sure that'll be fine......
You can see where the AI is going with that. Fast, short players who lose possession most tend to be wingers.
Didn't the Cowleys have an AI in their iPad?
I wonder if they took their scaffolding towers with them when they left.