TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Jack sparks signs
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Defender from Exeter

Left back
(28-06-2023, 06:02 PM)Robsquad Wrote: [ -> ]Defender from Exeter

Left back
I've liked the look of Exeter's team for a while.
Another part of the team with clear competition for the place. 
And another fine shirt!
(28-06-2023, 06:02 PM)Robsquad Wrote: [ -> ]Defender from Exeter

Left back
duplicate ??
LB: Jack Sparkes

Another one of the most recommended players on this list, Sparkes is one of the best free agent LBs at this level

Despite being just 23, Sparkes has masses of EFL experience under his belt. He gets up and down the left flank well; he’s suited to a back 4 or 5
There is a 56 page thread on the lad stretching back to 2017 on exeweb.
The consensus of the 6 years he has spent at Exeter is that he was thought of as a really big thing coming through so to speak.
However last season he was hooked after 20 mins making a costly mistake snd didn't make the team again.
Letting him go or rather not offering a new contract meant he was always going to find alternative employment.
Most exeter fans thought he would be a good addition to any league 2 side and some thought him worthy as a league 1 player albeit with no pace.
Lincoln were in for him but he chose Pompey.
A replacement for Hume maybe. Certainly not Swanson.
We must give the lad a chance but I seem to be saying this alot. It's being fair to say underwhelming.
A good understudy to Olgivie however
I'm disappointed that we have signed a left back because I was hoping Liam Vincent would be given a chance to be Ogilvie's back up rather than being sent out on loan again. 

But Sparkes was highly rated at Exeter so could be an upgrade on Hume.
Swanson is a RB so better not be replacing him.
Sparks played 35 games last season.
So, did he play 20 minutes or 35 games???
No, he had the ignomy of playing 20mins and being subbed for a costly mistake. He didn't make the team again. Like I said. He had upto that time played 35 games.
Exeweb. Their fans chat room
Like DB said , I think this is a strange one especially as JM was raving about having Vincent back. Not sure what the future holds for Vincent ( he’s the same age as Sparkes)., unless JM is going to push him up further to a left midfield role, something he mentioned a few months ago in The News. Anyway, in JM we trust.
(28-06-2023, 08:04 PM)bluetagagain Wrote: [ -> ]Like DB said , I think this is a strange one especially as JM was raving about having Vincent back. Not sure what the future holds for Vincent ( he’s the same age as Sparkes)., unless JM is going to push him up further to a left midfield role, something he mentioned a few months ago in The News. Anyway, in JM we trust.

He's two years younger than Sparkes, only 20, so maybe another loan is OK. Or, as you say, maybe he is being moved further forward.
So are we now down to just one more permanent signing and two loans?
I reckon 3 more signings ( Whyte , D’Shon plus a No10) and 2 loans ( a keeper and a another attacking midfielder).
Seems he started as a left midfielder who was moved back in to defence. But he was used as a LWB last season, but doesn't have the pace to pull it off.  

But Exeter fans say he's a good footballer with a great cross and good shot, so it'll be interesting to see where he plays. Maybe the versatility to play anywhere on the left appeals. 

Gotta be better than Hume anyway.
If a player is seen as good, the right age and cheap, then it seems good business.