TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Cheek of the Devil
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Concerning Reading FC - I am totally amazed that the leader of Reading Council has the gall, the utter cheek,  to write to the Government -- the Secretary of State;  and reading between the lines pleading a special case for help for Reading Football Club.

What the hell makes them so special ?? I didn't note any support for offers of help from ANYWHERE when we entered administration or faced our winding up petitions !

Just put them in Administration, dock them another 20 points, and leave them to sort something out - if they can.
Or.
Why didn't we think of that?
We had a mention from Cameron but that's about it. Agreed,dock the points. It's sad though that yet again the "little people" suffer.
Football needs a long term protection of clubs from dodgy dealers, only the govt can put that in place.
Perhaps make the ground an asset of the club completely separate from any ownership other than the football club/fans. Protected by law and not ever ever available for sale or as putting up as collateral.
(29-06-2023, 11:04 AM)firqdays Wrote: [ -> ]Concerning Reading FC - I am totally amazed that the leader of Reading Council has the gall, the utter cheek,  to write to the Government -- the Secretary of State;  and reading between the lines pleading a special case for help for Reading Football Club.

What the hell makes them so special ?? I didn't note any support for offers of help from ANYWHERE when we entered administration or faced our winding up petitions !

Just put them in Administration, dock them another 20 points, and leave them to sort something out - if they can.

He’s just written to them as any council leader should do. There’s a big difference between writing a letter and the government actually helping them.
(29-06-2023, 05:53 PM)Pompeyg100 Wrote: [ -> ]
(29-06-2023, 11:04 AM)firqdays Wrote: [ -> ]Concerning Reading FC - I am totally amazed that the leader of Reading Council has the gall, the utter cheek,  to write to the Government -- the Secretary of State;  and reading between the lines pleading a special case for help for Reading Football Club.

He’s just written to them as any council leader should do. There’s a big difference between writing a letter and the government actually helping

maybe enough appeals might encourage a government to put in place some sort of wider protection. 
Or trying to garner local votes. Smart move.
(29-06-2023, 07:38 PM)Pedalo_menders Wrote: [ -> ]Or trying to garner local votes. Smart move.

Bingo! Anyone would think he’s a politician.
Worked for Penny. She was all over the PST like a tramp on chips.
(30-06-2023, 04:19 PM)slayer Wrote: [ -> ]Worked for Penny. She was all over the PST like a tramp on chips.

I always got the impression her interest in Pompey was genuine rather than just political opportunism and it's not like me to give any credit to a tory.
She dished favours for the 657 lads , apparently. , but most likely not.
It dried up immediately after. Not been seen or heard on the subject of PFC since