TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Clever strategy
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I think I see how the plan makes sense. We want to buy young players, improve them and sell them at a profit. That improvement is hard to achieve if the players are already good.
(30-06-2023, 05:11 AM)Santa release Claus Wrote: [ -> ]Who have we bought, developed and sold at a profit since the Eisners came in?

They obviously thought that would happen with Hume but Cowley messed that one up.

Could sell Colby this summer at a profit but everyone would moan
(29-06-2023, 10:47 PM)Kingo Wrote: [ -> ]I think I see how the plan makes sense. We want to buy young players, improve them and sell them at a profit. That improvement is hard to achieve if the players are already good.

Nonsense, the plan should be to win promotion
(30-06-2023, 05:11 AM)Santa release Claus Wrote: [ -> ]Who have we bought, developed and sold at a profit since the Eisners came in?

That's a tough one.
Is the answer nobody?
(30-06-2023, 06:45 AM)blueandwight Wrote: [ -> ]
(29-06-2023, 10:47 PM)Kingo Wrote: [ -> ]I think I see how the plan makes sense. We want to buy young players, improve them and sell them at a profit. That improvement is hard to achieve if the players are already good.

There’s no money in that.
(30-06-2023, 06:48 AM)blueandwight Wrote: [ -> ]

That's a tough one.
Is the answer nobody?

Nobody...plus Somebody,Anybody and Everybody.
(30-06-2023, 06:45 AM)blueandwight Wrote: [ -> ]

Nonsense, the plan should be to win promotion, maintain it and ensure the club does n't go out of business.
By the end of the window, Bishop and Mingi.

Prior, Harness?
There's the business strategy and the sporting achievement strategy.
Milan Mandaric managed to achieve both successfully. He made a fat profit and we didn't begrudge him that because we got us promoted. I don't think he can be blamed for what came after.

Let's hope that Eisner's cunning plan is more like Mandaric's than Baldrick's.

That's a tough one.
Is the answer nobody?

Marcus Harness is the only one, but really he was bought before that was the stated policy. 

Players bought since that strategy was announced would include Hume, Vincent, Swanson, Oluwayemi, Towler, Bishop & Lane, and we havent got round to selling any of them yet. Hume looks to be the first to go and we'll make a loss on him.  The others I would suggest would mostly show a profit if we sold them.
Recco? although he was a Jackass signing I believe.
(30-06-2023, 11:08 AM)DeepBlue Wrote: [ -> ]

That's a tough one.
Is the answer nobody?

Marcus Harness is the only one, but really he was bought before that was the stated policy. 

Players bought since that strategy was announced would include Hume, Vincent, Swanson, Oluwayemi, Towler, Bishop & Lane, and we havent got round to selling any of them yet. Hume looks to be the first to go and we'll make a loss on him.  The others I would suggest would mostly show a profit if we sold them.

Lowe?
Lowe was a Cook signing, pre-Eisners
(30-06-2023, 11:27 AM)bluetagagain Wrote: [ -> ]Recco? although he was a Jackass signing I believe.

Reeco is a possibility, but we don't know how much we paid or how much we got for him.

I’m glad you’ve worked it out at last although the club have been explaining that for the last 12 months.

It hasn’t always been the plan has it? Certainly KJ and the like wouldn’t work like that.

They’ve been saying it for the last 12 months. Unfortunately DC is a moron but we now have RH managing it and it’s clearly being executed.