TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: New kit
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
It looks like a tie dyed six pack.

Probably some on here who would like to create that illusion.
It’s ok ish, but that’s it. Want to see it on the players during a game to judge it. But it ain’t going to get close to ever challenging that 83-85 ish le coque sportif Home shirt, proper shade of blue.
Why put the pattern on it? It's meaningless. Take the pattern away and it's quite retro and much better. Nike have done the exact same for Liverpool this coming season's home kit but without any weird pattern, so why did we incorporate it?
I'm betting tradition will be in the other two kits - 70's white shirt with two vertical blue stripes away, and 1898 salmon 3rd
Why couldn’t they have given us the correct shade of blue, kept it simple with maybe a 125 pattern in the weave. Or have I been watching too much GB Sewing Bee .
I have to say I really like the Admiral retro kit.
I'd also like to see us wear a plain Royal blue shirt with just our badge and logo, no shit patterns.
Nike have been useless and thoughtless with any kit at our level. They just can not be bothered it seems
(30-06-2023, 11:10 PM)Theyak2 Wrote: [ -> ]I have to say I really like the Admiral retro kit.
I'd also like to see us wear a plain Royal blue shirt with just our badge and logo, no shit patterns.
Nike have been useless and thoughtless with any kit at our level. They just can not be bothered it seems

Same as you and others, a decent , proper shade of royal blue does me. In all my time following our great club I’ve never, with one exception, worn a replica shirt to a game and don’t buy them. So from a marketing point of view my opinion is totally ignorable. What I do care about is what MY team look like when they trot out onto the field of play. Some of the recent abortions have made them look two Bob.
I can only think of 1 Bob, off the top of my head.

Doyle
(01-07-2023, 09:16 AM)Cunninglinguist Wrote: [ -> ]I can only think of 1 Bob, off the top of my head.

Doyle

Kellard & Stokes spring to mind, must be more than that though surely.
Bob Dillon
Two pages and the whinging continues
(01-07-2023, 12:07 PM)slayer Wrote: [ -> ]Two pages and the whinging continues

and all the time multinationals like Nike and football clubs combine to put out average products produced for a pittance and sold for a fortune, the whinging will carry right on.
Bob the Builder -Brick by Brick........
(01-07-2023, 09:16 AM)Cunninglinguist Wrote: [ -> ]I can only think of 1 Bob, off the top of my head.

Doyle

Prosinecki?
(01-07-2023, 03:00 PM)BilltheCat Wrote: [ -> ]

Doyle

Prosinecki?

McGuinness & Widdowson would probably be pointless on Pointless. 

Pethick was another Robbie, but doesn't really count. 

It really does look as if we have only ever had 5 Bobs at the most, which is quite remarkable out of hundreds of players for such a common name.
What self respecting grown man wears a replica football shirt?
that would be a bit below the belt, if it were about a replica pair of shorts.
(01-07-2023, 03:00 PM)BilltheCat Wrote: [ -> ]

Doyle

Prosinecki?

Smile  How could you???

He would at least be a Sir Bob.
I've noticed that if you stare for 10 seconds just below the University of Portsmouth logo on the new shirt, it is possible to make out the outline of Tutankhamun. Perhaps opposition defenders who find themselves one on one with, say, Paddy Lane or Gavin Whyte - might become mesmerised by the Pharaoh, thus offering us a real premium on using mind-altering patterning on our shirts.

Alternatively, I could also make out a sheep and a Dalek - which may not produce the same effect.
(30-06-2023, 08:10 AM)exgaffer Wrote: [ -> ]
(30-06-2023, 07:23 AM)stayinupforever Wrote: [ -> ]New home kit

Should we only have a new home kit every two years? And a new away kit in the year between?

I like the colour if the new shirts but not the stripey effect.

Pompey shouldn’t have fucking stripes imo.

Definititely No Stripes needed. 

Look at it long enough especially after a couple of pints & suffer from blurd vision!
Looking around, Umbro seem to give their clubs more input into the design.
With this the last year of the Nike tie in, I cannot see any obvious reason to stay with them.
Why do we need a major supplier unless it’s just a ploy to attract the brand whores
(08-07-2023, 03:30 PM)bluetagagain Wrote: [ -> ]Why do we need a major supplier unless it’s just a ploy to attract the brand whores

probably because fans moaned about Sondico when we had their shirts?
Moaaaaaaan
(08-07-2023, 05:34 PM)slayer Wrote: [ -> ]Moaaaaaaan

me too
and like most of us, I don't even buy one these days
although my granddaughter loved the dark blue and pink version a couple of years ago.
Pages: 1 2 3