TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Gavin Whyte signs
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
What is key for me is one is not their pseudonym. So why get defensive? Who gives a fokk
(05-07-2023, 11:08 AM)Cunninglinguist Wrote: [ -> ]We probably all need to reign it in a bit on occasions. Some people do go a bit too far at times. Pre internet, it would never have happened and I think it’s cowardly to hide behind a pseudonym.
I have taken the time to complain about something that was said on here (although I don’t believe it was Slayer) and would do so again if I felt the rules of the board were being broken. There is a big difference between harmless banter and downright nastiness.

Mikey comes across as a very nice fella who says some very silly things at times. I reserve the right to tease him about what he says and not whatever I perceive him to be.

So who did you grass up and to whom Big Grin
(05-07-2023, 04:55 PM)Smirnoffexpress Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-07-2023, 11:08 AM)Cunninglinguist Wrote: [ -> ]We probably all need to reign it in a bit on occasions. Some people do go a bit too far at times. Pre internet, it would never have happened and I think it’s cowardly to hide behind a pseudonym.
I have taken the time to complain about something that was said on here (although I don’t believe it was Slayer) and would do so again if I felt the rules of the board were being broken. There is a big difference between harmless banter and downright nastiness.

Mikey comes across as a very nice fella who says some very silly things at times. I reserve the right to tease him about what he says and not whatever I perceive him to be.

So who did you grass up and to whom Big Grin

I can’t honestly remember, Smirns. I’ve got an idea who it was and I remember it was pretty over the top (even for this board). It was over on the politics bit, I do remember that much. Don’t if anything was done about it though. I all for relaxed moderation but it was a bit extreme.
Back in 2019 I sent this article to a friend because I thought it was funny:

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/foot...28356.html

Who knew he'd end up at Fratton?
Portsmouth is home to a lot of wankers
We’ll be running round scum with our Gavins hangin’ out…
Singing we’ve got a bigger one than you….
Churchillian car park after hours is the place for a Gavin, if you're into that sort of thing
I thought we’d met.
(28-07-2023, 05:15 PM)slayer Wrote: [ -> ]Churchillian car park after hours is the place for a Gavin, if you're into that sort of thing

Thought it was the Guildhall steps. Wondered why no-one was showing up.....
Well, I'm pissed and in Paris and thought I'd dip into the forum to see if anything's going on. Glad to see it's all as normal....
You're just a bunch of w@nkers  Tongue
What is to be done about this man? He is here on a three year contract and just isn't delivering. I've defended him a fair bit this season but today from him was seriously concerning. His entire rhythm and body shape looks totally off. Looks to have no confidence at all. We desperately need him to deliver on what we signed him for.

He'll just have to be given 90 minutes on Tuesday I guess to see if he finds something. We have the option of signing Josh Martin there but he hasn't played a match for quite some time. Scully and Whyte were meant to solve our issues out wide and it hasn't yet worked out.
Gavin Shyte
Gavin Lightweight....
has looked awful but weirdly has a number of assists, a lot for the time he has played. I'm happy for a statto to prove me wrong.
He was awful when he came on, I think he lost possession four times but for the last ten minutes offered a bit more success in link up play. I too have been completely underwhelmed by his contributions since he arrived but on match days we have to try and give the lad a lift as it seems to be a confidence issue.
We do need some experience in the front half of the team, he should be able to add that but looks way off what his best form must be given his CV.
3 year deal? Shit!
Thought he was an absolute waste of time when he first arrived. Then he started to show promise for a couple of games, until he got ill. Now it seems he’s back to where he started.

Having said that, I’m not going to single him out because he was no worse than the rest of the shower of shit we fielded against Chesterfield.

I’m going to keep an open mind on him because I’ve seen what he can do. I was to hasty to write off Hirst and I think they may well have a similar temperament.
Played well against Orient.
would be handy to have him on some sort of form for Saturday
Gavin is getting better. We expected more from him from the start.
He looked jaded and uninterested but glimpses of what he can do did start to appear and I believe he is a slow burner.
Get behind the lad, encourage him to attack and run at defenders Saturday. This game is made for him.

I'm going for a gavin whyte brace Saturday in a 3-2 win
Pages: 1 2 3