TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Tommy Leigh
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Does not look like he will joining us this transfer window. Reading the Snooze article today says we have pulled out of the running for his signature...

Pompey ready to drop out of race for Plymouth and Preston target and turn transfer attention elsewhere | The News (portsmouth.co.uk)

£200k for a league 2 player with 12 months left on his contract is pretty expensive. He would be a good addition, but a great addition to have? I'm not sure he offers value for money to be honest.
Offer Joe Piggott a deal. Good do a great job there. Now a free agent after leaving Ipswich
Tommy Lowery is going to be our ‘number 10’ this season if he stays fit
I know JM has talked about the risks of getting Panutche Camara from Ipswich,however, if he is available for loan then maybe he'd be worth a punt especially if no loan fee was req'd.
(04-07-2023, 03:23 PM)West Australian Portsmouth Fan Wrote: [ -> ]Tommy Lowery is going to be our ‘number 10’ this season if he stays fit

Lowery is no 10
We don't need to be held to ransom, or required to submit to speculative fees.

We have done good business so far, and many other options.
Sounds like JM is trying to get the fee down. Leigh will be keen to leave and so no point them holding on to an unhappy player who is going to leave on a free in 12 months.
(04-07-2023, 03:03 PM)Robsquad Wrote: [ -> ]Offer Joe Piggott a deal. Good do a great job there. Now a free agent after leaving Ipswich

We need pace, not a cart horse.
Pigott is still at Ipswich.
good....
Am I alone in thinking that a move to Pompey would be terrible for Leigh at this time and he would be a squad player at best? Who do you drop to play him?
We wouldn’t have to drop anyone as we don’t have another No10.
We probably have 2 or 3 who could ‘do a short term spell’ there.
If we play 433 he wouldn’t be needed.
The only formation he would be needed would be 4231. That being said I’d rather we went for Lewis wing who can play attacking mid as well cover the rest of the centre of the pitch.
Lewis Wing is available on a free I believe.
(05-07-2023, 08:58 AM)bluetagagain Wrote: [ -> ]Lewis Wing is available on a free I believe.

He is but linked with championship clubs