TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Warm weather training
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Two questions.
1) Is it needed when our summers are warming rapidly.
2) Does it prepare players for a Tuesday night in Carlisle? 

Or is it just that the booze is cheaper? Huh
Teef, this is your moment!
(05-07-2023, 03:46 PM)Hammie Wrote: [ -> ]Two questions.

It's fucking freezing!!
Team bonding session.
(05-07-2023, 05:50 PM)TBP Wrote: [ -> ]Team bonding session.

What's up with the Moighty Foine ?
I have been reading recently how regular 20 min saunas improve hypertrophy, increase running endurance and can reduce the risk of a heart attack by half.

I assume that plus more benefits for warm weather training?
(05-07-2023, 03:46 PM)Hammie Wrote: [ -> ]Two questions.

A team located slap bang on the south coast in the middle of summer does not need warm weather training. We're league 1/division 3 ffs, it's a waste of money.
If they need 'bonding' they can play pitch and putt and go for a curry
It’s 18 in Pompey and 28 in Malaga today.

Running in heat has similar benefits to altitude training and is good for fitness.

A trip away so is also to get away from distractions so the players can bond and get to know each other.

Surely there can’t be complaints of the Eisners spending money now?
(06-07-2023, 10:54 AM)Pompeyg100 Wrote: [ -> ]It’s 18 in Pompey and 28 in Malaga today.

Running in heat has similar benefits to altitude training and is good for fitness.

A trip away so is also to get away from distractions so the players can bond and get to know each other.

Bloody waste of money. Could have spent that on a loan signing.

Anyone wanna argue???
(06-07-2023, 11:06 AM)Cunninglinguist Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-07-2023, 10:54 AM)Pompeyg100 Wrote: [ -> ]It’s 18 in Pompey and 28 in Malaga today.

Bloody waste of money. Could have spent that on a loan signing.

Anyone wanna argue???

I’m just waiting for a price on a plane and banner to fly above the training camp.
It’s just an excuse to stock up on duty free.

Tight arses could have stumped up and sent them to The Maldives
I believe it is supposed to help with fitness for the first month or two of the season, but after that has no real benefit.
Warm weather training is clearly of no use. Club should have paid for Extremely Hot weather training to get the fitness levels where they need to be. Fookin' players should be running up and down sand dunes in the Sahara in 45 degrees heat.
(05-07-2023, 04:04 PM)slayer Wrote: [ -> ]Teef, this is your moment!

The benefits of warm weather training are.....

Oh, I can't be bothered, look it up.