TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Worst performance since?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
A lot of people saying this is the worst performance in 20 years. I still hold the Aldershot town fa cup game as the worst performance I've ever seen. Was saturday worse than that?

Lucky for Kenny weve had a LOT of recent lows. Good on him for trying to beat them though  Tongue
Plymouth away when Nick Awford played was a low.
This was dire against a very average team. At one point I had to count the players, I thought they had two more than us. After they scored their second I had a feeling we were gonna get tonked. Ok Macca  had a bad game, he was due one but the rest looked like they’d never played together before. I particularly pick out Marquis (headless chicken always out of position) and Brown who seemed to make no effort, trotted back on several dangerous counterattacks and generally ducked out of tackles. At least Raggett, Rasmus and Naylor put themselves on the line.
One that comes to mind was a home game against Bolton around twenty or so years ago where we turned a confident 0 - 0 at HT into an abject second half 0 - 2 capitulation.

We ought to be used to it by now.
This was right up there at the summit of shockers because of the level we were meant to be at and the level of the opposition. Aldershot yes, Plymouth away with Nick Awford, oh god yes, that was pathetic as well. Orient home FA cup.. and the game someone invaded the pitch to plead with players to show some pride... crystal pal?? But for total disbelief my vote goes to the first half last saturday.
Aldershot was unbelievable, and I do remember the fan invader. But i must agree first half Saturday was right down there for so many reasons. I still find myself wishing that Doyle or Mick Kennedy had been on the pitch. Not for what they would have done to Northampton but for what would have been dealt out to our own team at half time.
(08-03-2021, 07:16 PM)Hammie Wrote: [ -> ]Aldershot was unbelievable, and I do remember the fan invader. But i must agree first half Saturday was right down there for so many reasons. I still find myself wishing that Doyle or Mick Kennedy had been on the pitch. Not for what they would have done to Northampton but for what would have been dealt out to our own team at half time.

Micky Kennedy would have sorted the team & KJ out at H.T. with an end result of 4-4 or 5-4 Pompey!

A couple of others that would have done equally well in the situation Bobby Kellard & Gavin McGuire!
Gav was a very naughty boy, Bobby is a little before my time sadly.
Actually almost all of AB's team would have been seriously unamused. Dillon would probably have stalked off with a red card to his name. Noel Blake and Bill gilbert would have just booted the crap out of the rest of the team!
Oxford 2 - 1 Pompey in 2019/20, typically bizarre Jackett selection, early sign of things to come for Pitman who came on and nicked one back for us.

That one really pissed me off